Tempting!

There's a very good condition '92 ES300 (7/92 build date) manual on ebay right now, about a 3.5 hour drive away from where I live. Black/Black, looks to be in great condition from the pics. Leather, moonroof, cd canger, etc. 99K miles. Unfortunately for me, buying it is not a possibility unless I sell my current car, which will be hard to do, since there is only 4-5 days until the auction ends.

Anyway, since there cars are hard to come by, I just thought I'd let you all know, in case anyone is looking for a manual ES300.

The car

Hmmm....I'm pretty sure there were more than 250, but maybe not by much. I remember when the ES300 made its debut in 1992, the people at Lexus predicted that 98 percent of the cars would be sold with an automatic. I believe they sold about 30,000 cars that first year, here in the USA. That means they projected about 600 would be a manual.

However, it is my understanding that Lexus dropped the manual option after 1993 because of lack of sales. if that is true, then perhaps the number of cars sold was even less than the ~600/year they expected. Another thing, nearly all the manuals I see are '92 models. I really don't see that many '93s.

Either way, it is quite a rare car, and this example looks to be particularly nice. Alas, unless i can miraculously sell my car within 4 days, it isn't going to be mine! :P

lol nice find nabeel, but i'm nowhere near there.

my parents would have gotten a manual ES, but my mom doesn't know 100% how to drive one, and my dad thinks of it as a hassle. i personally would've liked it, since they're so hard to come by. :)

I'm in the "manual is a hassle" school too ;)

If you really are interested in the car Nabeel, talk to the guy in email. A lot of times if they think you're really serious they'll take the car off the market while you wait, might take a deposit of a few hundred dollars.