Hello Everyone Owner Of 1992 Ls400

Tony B

I have had my LS 400 since 1994 and it has been a great car. Since ownership I have had to replace the starter, change out water pump and related items taken off. Also, I the alternator because of the power steering leaking fluid on it. Other than that its been one great car. However, in the past few months I have had problems with the cats and it burning a lot of gas. I will search the forms first to see what I can find out. When it was newer I use to have it serviced at the Nashville Lexus dealer but since it has over 275k on it I try and do most of the work myself. I have experience I'm some areas so if I can help in anyway I will be happy to share.

I really like driving this car and although it has a lot of miles and having problems right now I can still put the champange glass on the engine test and I had a compression test done and it was right on specs. Great car.

Wow! 19 years with the same LS400 sure beats my 13 1/2 years with a 1990 LS400 - passed it to a coworker in 2003 who drove it until 2011.

The 93-94 LS400 had MANY features my 90 LS lacked ( http://www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html ) -- more standard equipment and, most important to me, an 8-way adjustable front passenger seat with lumbar support. The 4-way adjustable passenger seat (no lumbar adjustment) was just plain painful for me.

I don't know anything about the cats but welcome to the forum.

Hi Tony and welcome!

You must be nearing some sort of a milestone with that kind of mileage. Some where on the site is a string on how many miles people have on their Lexus. Can't tell you off the top of my head what forum it's in, but just do a search and you'll find it.

Let us know if you find a 94' LS400 with more miles.

Paul

Sounds great these are great cars. Always drove Toyota which is the same but all I will ever own now is the lex. I hoping to get 2 more years and I getting a new one.

Amazing mileage! Welcome to the club Tony! :D Toyota is the same and then again it isn't. Would you rather pick up your date in a Camry or a Lexus?! ^_^