Rx450H Production Moves To Cambridge, Ontario

Swiftly

The Prime Minister and the Provincial Premier arrived in town today to make this announcement. Although I have concerns about how billion dollar corporations continue to prostitute their plants to the government who bids the most tax payer's money for them to come hither, at least I won't have to pay the extra import duty on the next Lexus that I'lI buy in the USA just because it was built outside of North America. Now I can go to the USA to buy a Lexus that was built in my back yard! Yup, I drive by the plant every day and have taken the tour at least 10 times.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/01/23/pol-harper-toyota.html

Where're the pics? :unsure:

That would definitely make for an interesting tour. I've toured many interesting plants, like Sony, Olhausen Billiards, Taylor Guitar, Edelbrock and others, but never a car manufacturing plant.

Where're the pics? :unsure:

That would definitely make for an interesting tour. I've toured many interesting plants, like Sony, Olhausen Billiards, Taylor Guitar, Edelbrock and others, but never a car manufacturing plant.

...all your cameras, cell phones, electronic devices are put in a basket, locked up before they let you out of the conference room and onto the tram....like going through airport security. However, they do let you snap away in the showroom, the first Corolla off the line is there, but sorry, that pic is so buried in my files it'll take me forever to find it...besides who wants a pic of an '87 Corolla!!!

Perhaps a tie with a camera "pin" wouldn't be noticed?

But, yes, I would expect secrecy when it comes to manufacturing methods of some vehicles. The Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky has no such restrictions (from what I've heard).

Perhaps a tie with a camera "pin" wouldn't be noticed?

... that has crossed my mind every time we pass the "Godzilla" robot doing its thing sending sparks flying in all directions.

But, yes, I would expect secrecy when it comes to manufacturing methods of some vehicles. The Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky has no such restrictions (from what I've heard).

...cuz there's no secrets in a Corvette!?.......LOL

• 5 weeks later...

To make up for post #3 above....

Once again I took my class on a tour of TMMC. The tour trams have altered their route while they are setting up the line for the 450H...."restricted area, sorry folks".

Of course, the only thing they let you video is the main lobby. Here is my short clip, while the class watches the orientation video. Sorry for the crackling sound...darn protector case on my iPad.