Homelink Button Illumination 2011 Is250 F-Sport

Please let me know if your Homelink buttons on your 2011's rear view mirror are illuminated at night. They are not on my 2011 is250 F Sport, but on my girlfirend's 2012 is250 F Sport they are ! go figure ! What i can't figure out is why.

Any help ?

There are two parts bins at the factory from which the the HomeLink modules are taken as cars are assembled. The HomeLink module for your girlfriend's car came from the "Nice" bin but yours came from the "Naughty" bin.

Or ... could illumination of the HomeLine buttons be tied to one of the other customizable interior light illumination features described in your owners manual but is not specifically labeled as affecting the HomeLink buttons? You might ask your Lexus dealer to check both cars to see if any of the interior light illumination features have been customized.

From past threads on this forum - particularly about the RX - it has seemed as if HomeLink button illumination is random.

• 2 weeks later...

I have on '07, which has a different mirror--the buttons are on the bottom and are not illuminated. A few months ago, I had a '12 IS250 AWD loaner; that had a mirror with illuminated buttons. I can't speak for the '11 IS, but my wife's Mazda CX-9 has a mirror the exact same style as the '12 IS loaner I had, except the Mazda has non-illumnated buttons and no compass. So--I'm thinking that for '12, Lexus just changed the part.