Time To Update...

My wife's 2000 RX300 has served her well, but it's time for an update. While I bought her car new (via a short-lived internet company), she leans toward getting a nice conditioned used model. I’m looking at the 2010-2012 model years due to the powertrain changes. I’d appreciate any constructive inputs from 2010-2012 owners.

I purchased a 2008 RX400h and have been extremely happy...Had my 1999 RX for 12 years....Good luck in your quest, the leather on the newer models is not as durable, but the turning radius is fantastic. Also all of the new bell and whistles in electronics is a great upgrade. I like the look of the second generation RX, however your search for a third generation RX will be a major change for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I bought a 2010 model with 27K miles and remaining factory warranty. My wife had her choice of new or used, Lexus or other make, and she decided to go with a pre-owned (love that marketing label) Lexus. While I'm an average male price-negotiating caveman, she is an experienced negotiator...and it showed. I did most of the work on her 2000 RX300, so I'll see what maintenance I can do for her new-to-her ride.

• 1 month later...

I just "updated" and am already sorry. I tradet my 2001 RX300 with 84,000 miles on it for a dealers demo 2012 RX350 with 8000 miles and factory new car warranty.

I miss the drawers in the center console, the sun glass storage compartment and the little cubby-compartment on the dash on the left side, I used to keep some change in.

What bothers me most is an annoying ressonance type of noise (it's hard to describe) at idle. It disapiers when you go. The dealer tells me it is normal.

With a so-called luxury car for almost $50,000 you shouldn't have to put up with something like that.

The only improvemrnt over the RX300 is the turning radius.

I hope you have better luck.

BTW, I now have a Weathertech Cargo Liner in black and a pair of front original Lexus rubber mats in brown in like new condition laying around.