Missing Hatch Floor Carpet & Cargo Screen

ssrlinc

Last month I purchased my 3rd Rx, this one is the 2011 RX 350, from Herb Chambers in Sharon Ma I was told, by my sales person Cliff, that the hatch carpet and cargo screen didn't come with this model. Is this true? My other 2 RX's came with these accessories. Do I have any recourse?

The carpet is listed as an accessory so you’re probably out of luck on that. I put in a Weather Tech one.

I did not see the luggage cover listed as an accessory. In the manual it’s called a luggage cover but I didn’t see any mention of it as standard equipment or accessory. The Lexus web site refers to a “Auto-retracting tonneau cover” as a standard item. I’m not sure if they are one in the same but I’ll bet it is. This is a pretty expensive item, iirc about $800. If I were you I would print off the standard items showing the “Auto-retracting tonneau cover” is a standard item and see what your dealer has to say. If you can’t get any satisfaction from the dealer, call Lexus Customer Service and explain your situation to them, they will probably solve it for you.

Well now I'm confused. If we are not talking about the retractable cover in the cargo area, I don't know what item you mean. The retractable system and the cover that rolls out of it are one piece not two seperate items. Maybe someone else that knows more than I do can step in here.

You you join club lexus and then log into Sewell Lexus you can get the cargo cover for around $400....Pretty pricey item...but better than the $600 plus normal price. I would check EBay or a junk yard.

You you join club lexus and then log into Sewell Lexus you can get the cargo cover for around $400....Pretty pricey item...but better than the $600 plus normal price. I would check EBay or a junk yard.

I’m still not clear about what equipment is missing but I think it’s the retractable cover in the cargo area.

He bought a CPO, I would think that all the standard equipment would be conveyed when you spend so much extra for them to “certify” a vehicle.

On top of that it appears that the equipment might be there but is damaged (only part of it is there). AND the sales person may have given him inaccurate information.

This is a CPO, if it is determined that he didn’t get all the standard equipment, the dealer should step up or he needs to contact Lexus customer service (1-800-25-LEXUS) and see what they have to say about what their expectations of a CPO are.

• 2 years later...

I just bought my first (but forever coveted) pre-owned 2010 RX 350 last weekend here in VA. It did not come with the retractable tonneau cover and the Acura dealer now says it was not standard with the car. They bought it at an auto auction so the part must have been missing then. The car comes with the indentations and the attachment bars, and it's not standard?

This is the Pohanka dealership in Chantilly, they have Lexus, Acura and Chevy all on the same lot. If the Acura dealer needs a Lexus part he only needs to walk 50 yards away.

Should I go back to the Acura dealership manager or just go straight to Lexus customer service?