Lease Or Buy - Bargaining Incentives

timzter

Whether buying or leasing a car such as the new 2013 ES350, after the final price and terms have been negotiated, is it unreasonable to play hard-to-get by further asking that you get to bring the car in for a FREE upgrade of the Nav software/map data whenever a new version is released during the next 3 years?

• Like 1

I tried. The sales guy said it can't be done because the map data is no longer updated with a DVD. He said it is updated wirelessly and it has to match your VIN number.

I tried. The sales guy said it can't be done because the map data is no longer updated with a DVD. He said it is updated wirelessly and it has to match your VIN number.

It really is pretty much a moot point. If your lease is for three years as most leases are, Lexus, based upon historical performance, probably wouldn't have an update within those three years anyway.

Driving from Delaware to Baltimore downtown last week to pick up some dinner before returning to DC, I noticed there were some discrepancies on the Nav's map. It said "keep right on I-95" but the sign showed that I-95 was only if I kept going straight. Keeping to the right showed a sign for 836 (or something like that). So I kept straight on I-95 instead, but shortly after that, I noticed on the nav screen that my red triangular cursor (my car) is already off in la-la land. I had to keep driving on I-95 to let it correct itself. I ended up driving 4 more miles before reaching the restaurant in Baltimore. So my 2010's map definitely needs updating, but I won't now that I am getting the 2013.

I know where you're talking about, its 895 which goes through the Harbor tunnel. They moved the exit for 895 from the left where it had been for years, to the right. That whole area is undergoing HUGE road construction. The main thing that bothers me is the ICC being missing in Montgomery County.