A/c Problems 2001 Ls430

Zett123

Ok guys, this time on my LS430 140K miles, it is my A/C. I noticed a few weeks ago that the A/C was not cooling at idle. Today, the ambient temperature is about 90 degrees and while sitting in the line at Burger King I notice the A/C blowing out warm air. A few minutes later when I left and drove off it started to cool down again. It stays cool as long as you are driving or the engine R's up up. I noticed that the A/C compressor was not activated when it was blowing warm air. Since it does cool while driving, I am ruling out the compressor and I am thinking it might be a low pressure switch if there is one.. Any thoughts??

Thanks,

JZ

Also check your outside temperature sensor I believe it is mounted somewhere behind the front headlight on the passenger side, they are a bit exposed to the elements and have been known on earlier models to even fall off the mounting or become clogged with debris, if this gives a false reading it will affect the AC temperature, moving will increase the airflow on it so may explain why it is just playing up when stationary