2007 Rx400H Should I Do The Reset?

Just joined the hybrid world by picking up a 2007 RX400H with about 70k miles.

Getting about 23 MPG according to the display over the last 300 miles of mixed city/highway.

No doubt the original battery was replaced somewhere along the line and I doubt they did the reset, so the question is:

Should I go through the hassle of doing the IRC?

Should I expect my avg MPG to be more in the 27 to 28 range? (of course driving habits will be an influence).

By the way a good side-benefit for me anyway has been this thing has curbed my aggressive driving habits. Now it's a bit of game to watch the display, go as far as you can on battery, keep pushing the MPG number up!.....must be getting old!

Thx for any advice

We averaged 25 before I replaced the battery and after I replaced the battery - no reset required. That is with a good mix of city and highway and with my occasional leadfoot on the weekends. It wouldn't hurt to do the reset, however and I'm sure your mileage will reach what we're getting. Keep in mind that our RX400hs can accelerate to 60 MPH in 6.6 seconds - faster than an RX350 with over 25% better gas mileage. (more if you live in a big city and must commute during rush hours.

Thanks Dave, yes it's only been 2 weeks or so for me with the RX400H (07), but so far loving it!

Coming from a MDX (05), which I also really liked but the MDX mileage was really bad. The RX400H is giving me about 10 MPGs more than the MDX. May not be a ton but it "feels" good to me. The RX has better pickup and of course the MDX was more space. Still trying to get used to the Nav on the RX. Both great rides in my opinion. Hopefully the RX will give me many, many miles of enjoyment.

Will be interesting to see how the RX AWD handles the snow here in the winter.

I

Does the MDX ride better than the RX? Just curious, my wife always wanted the Accura. But I love the RX400h....

I say this not as an rx 400h owner but in general, how can anyone tolerate that bucked tooth hillbilly front grill that Acura refuses to get rid of.

in my opinion it ruins what otherwise is a capable vehicle. it is amazing to me why on the one hand Honda wonders why they cannot keep up with other luxury car sales, and connect the dots that the front of those vehicles is so repulsive. btw, still love you all you acura owners.

Thanks Dave, yes it's only been 2 weeks or so for me with the RX400H (07), but so far loving it!

Coming from a MDX (05), which I also really liked but the MDX mileage was really bad. The RX400H is giving me about 10 MPGs more than the MDX. May not be a ton but it "feels" good to me. The RX has better pickup and of course the MDX was more space. Still trying to get used to the Nav on the RX. Both great rides in my opinion. Hopefully the RX will give me many, many miles of enjoyment.

Will be interesting to see how the RX AWD handles the snow here in the winter.

I

Does the MDX ride better than the RX? Just curious, my wife always wanted the Accura. But I love the RX400h....

Lol...I just went from the 2006 400h to the 2006 MDX. Yes, the MDX handles better. I can also use the NAV system while in motion, and the voice command works EVERY single time, as opposed to the RX where the voice command failed miserable, almost every time. I do miss the mileage, but most of my driving is highway, and the RX was around 8.5 vs the MDX which with all highway driving like a granny I have seen as low as 9.6, but usually closer to 10 I also miss the HID headlights (MDX didn't get these till 2007). The extra row has come in handy numerous times already.

I think Lexus needs to come out with a seven seater to slot below the GX and compete with JX, MDX etc. The Toyota Highlander comes with seven, but it doesn't have the Lexus name..