Newbie From Sacramento, Ca

MrSunny

Hello All,

I am a new owner of Lexus and am very delighted to be part of Lexus and LOC. I did not knew about this forumn until recently and once I learned about it signedup right away. You guys are great and thanks for all the good work. Very glad to be here.

Best Wishes,

Sunny

Hi Ravi and welcome to your Club. Congratullations on the new RX !! . There is nothing like the smell of getting into thet new car. I really like the way they've improved the "mouse" system ; it is much smoother and the enter function is more friendy. The front grill is also a nice touch. Looks good going down the street.

Let us know if we can help and feel free to post anytime.

Paul

Thanks folks!!! Steve, you are very right...nothing can beat the sweet smell of a new car and the plush ride. We are enjoying it quite a bit.

hey Lemore, I live in Natomas area and work in downtown so I guess i'll see you around.

Hey folks, wanted to ask your expert opinion about the Lexus Scheduled maintenance package and I am very lost and not able to decide on anything. When I bought the car, the dealer sold me the maintenance pkg which covers 5 yrs, 50K miles for $1900 saying that a number of their customers get that as the cost of all the servicing exceeds that amount and he showed me the cost of service.

Yesterday I called couple of dealerships around me to inquire about the cost of these services and one nice service manager at a local dealership mentioned that it is an extensive maintenance package and is not required and that not many of thier customers buy it. He said the new Lexus only requires the oil change regularly(every 10K) and other air/cabin/ac filters are needed only after this many miles and need not be changed for every 10K miles. He also added that the newer models don't have a timing belt that needs replacement at 90K. However, another dealership in this area quoted me the full price for all the services which is way above than the previous one. Please Help!!!!

The last dealer was giving you the straight scoop.

You have a brand new car that already has a FREE bumper to bumper warranty for (I think it'ts still 40,000 miles and 3 years.). If your driving 30,000 miles a year, THEN, you might consider an extended warranty. But An extended warranted is nothing more than an insurance policiy, with a premium and a deductable, with limited coverages.

Lexus, according to J D. Power has been the number #1 car in reliabity for years. Better than Mercedes or BMW.. In my opinion very few othe LOC members buy or havee extended warranties. The only people who really profit from the extended warrenty is the dealer.

Paul

That $1900 was probably financed so the package is really bad. Oil changes can be done at Sacramento Lexus, however Maita Toyota can do them in their quick lube for a lot less. The only major items in that mileage may be a brake fluid change. Totally a rip. Heck for that money I would do your changes. Just kidding, I dont really enjoy doing them. Mine is enough work. Their is also many independents that do it, But dont suggest the Jiffy lube types....