Home Made Cd Won't Play

So I purchased some tunes on itunes, put them on a CD and it plays in my computer. It won't however play in my '99 LS400 with the Pioneer system. It plays store bought CD's fine but not my home made CD.

Any ideas why this happens?

You are burning the CDs in a Mp3 format more than likely. The cd player may not be able to read mp3s?

David is right on. I went in and looked at the chat room in the "Rhapsody" music service. ALL, of the people posting threads in the chat room where complaing about the same thing. They cannot get their home burnt "CD"s to play in their car players. The car players wil not play mp3 format CD's.

Unforunately, no one seems to know what format to record the home CD in to solve the problem. Apple will definately be no hel since all of there stuff is proprietary.

Paul

Is it impossible to convert MP3 purchased on iTunes to a standard audio format? I haven't done it lately but I've used Windows Media Player to convert MP3's to standard audio, burn them to CD' and play them in my 2000 LS400.

It has been a long time since I have burned a audio CD. I do some DVD's here and there...I think that you want to try a wma file? I may be wrong...and it may not work at all. What type of burner are you using? The program I use let's me pick several formats to convert the media to. So if I want to convert a video to view on my IPAD it is different from the dvd format that would burn to play on a DVD. Same with audio the mp3 is a smaller file and most computers RIP the files to make them play under a mp3 format.

See this article. It might make more sense than what I am trying to say. http://www.ehow.com/...err-played.html

David is right on.

Paul

And Paul...you should add as usual. :)

I just now verified that the CD's I burned and play in my LS400's OEM CD changer are ".WMA". The only disk type I have found to work is "CD-R".

I've been surprised at the sound quality - can't tell the difference between a commerically produced audio CD and the ones I've burned while converting MP3 to WMA.

Hey, thanks for the info guys. I figured it out using Windows media player and it is a WMA file required. The conversion was a little tricky by trial and error but I burned another CD and it works in the LS400 great.