Broken Wheel Lug (Lock) Tool

2ton

Each wheel on my '04 LS 430 (17"rim) has a special lock lug requiring a special tool to remove. My wheel lug (lock) tool broke yesterday trying to remove a wheel. The lug was on really tight, requiring a breaker bar which broke off the inside part of the tool.

The tool was contained in a small blue pouch in the trunk. Is this a Lexus tool or a generic brand?

Has anyone had a similar issue and a remedy?

Thanks

That is not good. Both of my Lexus cars have the same tool although the patterns are different. I have thought about removing the locking lugs and replacing it will a regular lug nut but that is one of the things I never got around to doing. I usually leave the one locking lugnut on each wheel slightly loose. Of course if you take it somewhere the dip weeds often use air tools and really torque them on.

Hopefully it was the tool that broke and not the lug itself or you have a big issue.

Yup, if you want to replace the broken locks BUT, I wouldn't. I don't think people steal anything under a 22" wheel anymore. Getting the broken one of will be the problem. Everything good 400?