Rx400H ... What Is His Life Expectancy ?

Hello,

First of all, I'm French, so excuse me for my English, I will do my best ^_^

I know that the subject has already been addressed here and there, but I must admit that I stay on my hunger, and especially I still do not know what to stick with the RX400h.

What is its life expectancy?

I seriously considered to make me happy and giving me what is this a priori as a flawless car ... but for how long?

My project is an used model (obviously since the arrival of the 450h).

My kitty gives me access to copies of which revolve around 65 Kmiles.

I toured a lot of sites and the issue of batteries or other belt distrib to 95 kmiles do not tell me if I can leave with a quiet 400H 65 kmiles.

That we should maintain the vehicle, surprising. The battery is to change one day, nothing unusual (though here too it is the vagueness to know in life expectancy). The belt is changing ... except on my clean power with its chain, it was always a must with my previous vehicles, and with bills sometimes salted.

No, what my problem is that until now, except I always clean power, I have always been led to change vehicles because the vehicle at the time was showing signs of fatigue that brought me there (media tired engine, multiplication of disturbing noises, various leaks and varied, ...). In short, I changed my vehicles because older, often badly. 65, 95 kmiles, often the milestone. I do not feel that my vehicle is aging badly and that the passages in the workshop will multiply for anything other than routine maintenance.

With the 400H, then I go directly to a vehicle that titillates the 65 kmiles. With other cars I would spend my way. With a Toy, I would be calmer, but still. With the 400H, I do not know.

All indications that I should not ask me.

Here or elsewhere, my question is not answered clearly.

There are occasional cases of high mileage (almost 300 Kmiles for a Canadian), but a particular case is not the generality.

So here I am with my clogs: what is the life expectancy of the RX400h in normal use and maintenance with a follow-up (small and large)? I talk about life expectancy that leads the owner happy to say that this time it's good, it's time to change, let slip his RX sink a well deserved retirement.

Do you know of specific cases? Have you a personal experience in this area?

And since I do not want to leave without basis, I'd say my goal is 190 kmiles.

Small clarification: I have no particular RX for the moment, I rely primarily on the ads that I consult for a few weeks.

So thank you all in advance for your views and your feedback.

And to finish : excuse me one more time for my English, I'm French and I try to do my best :whistles:

I dont believe anybody knows....The prius (toyota) have gone well over 200k miles with no battery or hybrid failures....Used in taxi's in New York...I personally have a 2008 RX400h with 110k miles and hope it will serve me well to 250k miles....time will tell. Good luck

AT 185000km on my 2006, the hybrid battery was still fine, and surprisingly, the struts and front end stuff (tie rods, bushings etc.) were working trouble free. That impressed me because usually on other vehicles I've owned by that many KM, tie rod, ball joints or something in the front end usually needed work.

On the other hand, I did need my inverter replaced at 125000km ($7000 part, covered under the hybrid warranty) because it was leaking coolant. The transmission, was replaced once, and the new one year old transmission was leaking again in the same spot as the first leak.

However, I would gladly have kept the 400h, if Lexus had covered the replacement tranny under warranty. I was planning for somewhere around 300 000 KM before retiring the vehicle. In the three years and 70 000 KM I had mine, I thoroughly enjoyed it. My displeasure with Lexus at this time has less to do with the vehicle, than the treatment I received from Lexus Canada regarding my transmission.

If you're considering a 400h, make sure to have it very well checked out, paying attention to the inverter and hybrid transaxle especially. I would consider an extended warranty if one is available.

Je pense que votre anglais est meilleur que mon français!

But yes, I believe the RX400h, if well-maintained, can last far longer than your requirement. Ours has been the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned.