Displaying Kms Instead Of Miles

Has anyone discovered a way to get the LS460 to display kms instead of miles, along with other metric information, such as litres per 100 kms, per the usual Canadian displays. I have a GM vehicle which has a button labelled Metric/Imperial which switches everything seamlessly when moving between Canada and the USA. Surely the same thing can be done on a Lexus ?

Surely the same thing can be done on a Lexus ?

No, and quit calling me Shirley. :blink: Seriously, countless people have asked the same question. If I am looking at the same navigation manual you have, page 263 says that you can change the Unit of Measure from miles to kilometers. There used to be a company in Toronto that changed clusters on U.S. spec Lexus cars to metric but it's been years since I saw information about them. Doing that means pulling the cluster, voiding warranties, etc.

Thanks for the replies so far. I did know about the ability to change the Navigation System, so I've done that, but it looks like I'm going to have to pay a dealer to program the change to the odometer display. As others have said, looks like a Lexus mean-spirited attempt to prevent USA purchases by Canadian clients.

Thanks for the replies so far. I did know about the ability to change the Navigation System, so I've done that, but it looks like I'm going to have to pay a dealer to program the change to the odometer display. As others have said, looks like a Lexus mean-spirited attempt to prevent USA purchases by Canadian clients.

I certainly wouldn't call it "mean-spirited" and I don't think you will find any Canadian Lexus dealer that will tamper with your odometer. There are lots of U.S. specification cars with displays that cannot be switched to metric. What's the problem with leaving the odometer in miles? My Ontario family doesn't worry about this when they import cars from the US. I had no problem mentally converting kilometers to miles, Celsius to Fahrenheit, etc. in the five years I drove a Canadian spec Mercedes here in the U.S.

I would venture to say (and this is just a guess) that even though its not in the LPS list, the dealer can convert the displays from english to metric. It just makes sense that the same clusters and displays would be used in both markets, just with a setting change. For instance, our Jeep didn't come with DRLs. The dealer was able to turn them on because in Canada DRLs are required.

I'd talk to a couple dealers and see what they say about it. The dealers may not want to do it or may not be authorized to...but I bet it can be done.