Help! Do I Need To Have Strut Rod Bushing Reset?

live4brew

So I took new OEM strut rod bushings, along with my strut rods for my 98LS, to a mechanic today to be pressed in. I didn't know the bushings were supposed to be pressed in a certain way. When I pulled the new ones out of the wrapper, I noticed the rubber alignment knob and made a comment to the mechanic about it. He looked at the old ones and noted they were installed 90 degrees from control arm and proceeded to install. HOWEVER, when I got home, I noticed the manual said that, not only should the marks be 90 degrees, they need to be pointing down. One of the bushings is correct, one is not.

Does anyone know how critical this is??

It's probably not all that critical unless you want a clunk-free ride and long lasting bushings. Bite the bullet and redo...sorry.

So you're saying it's pretty darn important? Great. I'm car-less!

Well, you can probably drive it, just don't expect it to perform 100% or last like it should.

It's probably not all that critical unless you want a clunk-free ride and long lasting bushings. Bite the bullet and redo...sorry.

So you're saying it's pretty darn important? Great. I'm car-less!

Well, you can probably drive it just don't expect it to perform 100% or last like it should.

I'll have it redone. Too much work and money not to do it right.

Do it this way: OR you are wasting your money!!

the new bushings I bought have the tabs colored for you..

AND dont tighten the bolt with the wheel hanging in the air, or when you lower the car on it, the flexibility will be used up and your first big bump will tear the rubber.... .

sa-34 STRUT BAR CUSHION.pdf

post-5365-0-18548500-1331133230_thumb.jp