Very Angry

Supra-chargedIS340

when i was in the first Gulf war, A10's hit 2 british personel carriers killing 9 of the guys

in afganistan canadians were bombed, and now the patriots have shot down a british fighter plane, im sorry but this is not a good reflection on the american forces............

there should be no excusses for whats happemed, trigger happiness because your on edge isnt exceptable :angry:

im forces, and to be honest, i am always a little weary of working with some US forces, as i often see similer things that never get reported, for political reasons.

this isnt a brush on you all, but just got to vent my anger as like i say i have seen this to often

yeah, i think it's pretty stupid. if it's the US's fault their own people are being killed, then they should be trained better, so they aren't so high strung.

but i guess you can't really do much since some of the troops were taken out of college with no actual military training.

my first thougt when I heard this was this is terribly awful and something must have been/gone wrong.

what safeguards are in place so that this sort of thing doesn't happen?

What was the British fighter's transponder emitting?

If it was emitting, why was it not percieved as a "friendly" signal.

If it was transmitting, then there is no excuse for what happened.

I'm sure as with most of what we hear or see in the media about this war, it will only be about 25% of what happens or the way it completely happens.

steviej

what anoys me about the shooting down is, that if the transponder wasnt working on that plane, then why was it actually the first plane in the 2 plane flight that was targeted............

i think theres questions to be asked, as this happened during the grenade tragedy at the 101st.......was it trigger happiness

I agree, there are many questions that need be asked.

As john q. public, I am sure we may never know the entire answer(s).

I can only pray that all parties currently over there have a swift and safe return to their homes and loved ones.

sj