Es300 Need Motor Can I Use Newer 3.3

stprez

Im recently brought a 2000 es300 with blown motor...i am having trouble finding the 3.0 1mzfe vvti motor at reasonable price...yet I see hundreds of the 3.3 vvti motors from newer toyotas and Lexus very cheap....the motors look very much similar ..only thing I see different is plastic intake manifold on 3.3 .

Would it be possible to use my 3.0 manifold and switch out a few sensor and drop it directly in my 2000 Lexus and bolt up to my transmission with no problems....I can't find any information only about the swap......Please help

stprez,

I very much doubt it will be a direct swap. The newer engines will require the entire new engine wiring harness, as well as its computer. The tranny you presently have may have problems communicating with the newer computer as well.

Your best bet, would be an engine from the same generation ES or Camry V6 for the same years.

I would try to find a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) engine from one of the larger suppliers from a major city in the eastern states. In Japan cars older than 3 years are junked by their owners because the taxation on older cars makes it much cheaper to do so and buy a new one. All of these cars are then stripped of their major components, and the engines, trannies, etc., are shipped world wide. None of them have more than 30 000 miles on them typically, and are warranted for a specific time.

Check the major trade magazines (Auto Trader, etc.) ads for suppliers. Larger cities, New York, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, etc. all have companies that sell them. You may be able to locate one not too far away. Good Luck!