Dead Radio In Es 330

m354220

Audio unit died. Took to dealer and was told $800 for new unit; old one was dead. Anyone have alternatives? Does Lexus have a history of audio systems just dying?

Thanks!

Audio unit died. Took to dealer and was told $800 for new unit; old one was dead. Anyone have alternatives? Does Lexus have a history of audio systems just dying?

Thanks!

Hello Mikel and welcome to the Lexus Owners Club!

No, It is not commom on the ES330 for the radio head unit to fail. In fact, when I had my 2005 ES330 it was a great system. The problem with Lexus is that their dealers do not have any facilities or electronics techs to repair the problems, and frankly, most of the later models after the Pioneer and Nakamichi units were discontinued, the new units where not repaired but just replaced. Such is the situation with yours.

Here is a link I found on Google that says they do repair Lexus radios of your type. I know NOTHING about this vendor/company. Therefore you proceed at your own risk. I suggest you CALL them Or E MAIL them first.

Hope this helps.

Paul

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalLexusES300AmpR.htm

• 1 year later...

My radio (2002 ES 300) is developing several problems. It won't function until the car warms up, then it seems fine. The other problem is that it let out a very loud screech for a second or two. Whew. Heart attack city! This only happened once, but can't risk it happening again. What's up with that?