Lexus Isf As Police Cars

UCF3

The IS-F Cop cars

Fellow IS-F Owners:

So I read this article in a UK Publication and I was kind-off outraged. I personally don't think the Lexus IS-F should be considered a Police Cruisers, since it's bringing down the value of Lexus and the F-series cars.

What are your thought...?

Link to IS-F Police Album

would be completely useless other than a pursuit car...can you imagine a cage and some low life in the back seat kicking out the side panels...or maybe only they use it when picking up an executive after they ransacked the company for millions...my we wouldnt want them to ride in a crappy crown victoria....

would be completely useless other than a pursuit car...can you imagine a cage and some low life in the back seat kicking out the side panels...or maybe only they use it when picking up an executive after they ransacked the company for millions...my we wouldnt want them to ride in a crappy crown victoria....

I don't know. The ISF is pretty small for a millionaire to ride in. They may still have stretch-limo drive them to jail. I agree it would be a pursuit car, but if you read the article they're replacing Subarus with the ISF.

The IS-F Cop cars

Fellow IS-F Owners:

So I read this article in a UK Publication and I was kind-off outraged. I personally don't think the Lexus IS-F should be considered a Police Cruisers, since it's bringing down the value of Lexus and the F-series cars.

What are your thought...?

Link to IS-F Police Album

I read your thread last night and at first I wasn't sure how it struck me, so I thought about it for a while.

If I were driving down the street and passed a ES350 like I drive and it was painted and marked up as a police car I would probably think "well, I thought this was a luxury car that people work hard for in order to afford one...and now the city can buy them and run them up to 150,000 miles (beat to hell) and so much for the old prestige factor."

However, the attraction of the Crown Victoria and the Chevy Caprice did not go down during their life cycle run. Also, my son-in-law is a Deputy Sheriff and there is no way in hell he or his department could ever do there job in a Lexus, unless, it was a LX that had room for drunks throwing up, felons spitting on the officers in the front and the 200 pounds of tactical equipment they carry in the trunk of those current Crown Vic's.

Prestige is shallow, and Luxury is subjective. But we all carry these traits about our cars and thats OK. On the other hand, utility is measurable, and the IS-F just doesn't meet that test.

Happy New Year y'all!