Installing Kickers + Amp In An Es300

es300lex

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum, but i was looking for some help with installing my new kickers i just purchased. i have the power wire connected to the battery and its going into my trunk. i'm using a line converter instead of an aftermarket deck, however when i connect everything the amp does not give out anything. it turns on and everything but no sound comes out of the subs. i think its how i wired it. can anyone give me a step by step method of correctly hooking up the amp to the subs and line converter?? any help is appreciated. thanks

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum, but i was looking for some help with installing my new kickers i just purchased. i have the power wire connected to the battery and its going into my trunk. i'm using a line converter instead of an aftermarket deck, however when i connect everything the amp does not give out anything. it turns on and everything but no sound comes out of the subs. i think its how i wired it. can anyone give me a step by step method of correctly hooking up the amp to the subs and line converter?? any help is appreciated. thanks

I am not an expert.

You describe your power to the the amp from the battery and through the line converter. Where is your audio signal coming from? Are you taping into the signal from the existing sub in the rear deck, or does that come along with the power through the line converter?

Welcome to the LOC!

Welcome to LOC!

Where are you getting your signal from? If your Amp has power there is only one thing it could be... No signal. Check your connections....I assume your line converter is coming from the rear speakers or did you go up to the deck.

yea i did wire it through the rear speaker, it was a bit of a connection issue with the amp. i figured it out so its all good. However, i came across a new problem. when i have my amp switched on, and the radio off, the bass is still being produced. the only way to turn the bass off is by either leaving my stock deck and muting the volume or by switching off the amp altogether. i feel that the problem is because of the line converter? if anyone has any info about this let me know. your help so far is much appreciated.

Is your power staying on the amp when the car is turned off? I think that is the problem. It has been years since I have fooled around with car audio but you should not get audio out of the speakers at all when the car is off...are you getting a hummm not the bass from music? If so I think it is because the power is left on and there is no signal coming in...

I'm not convinced we've diagnosed the problem yet. es300lex, bear with me I'm a little dense. You say in what I think is an incomplete sentence, that if you leave your stock deck (on or off?) and muting the volume, the "Bass" stops. Is the deck on or off? Also Lexir eludes to what you mean by "bass". Is it musical bass or a low frequency steady hum?

I have found a Youtube video tutorial on how to install a line converter, Sub, and amp into an existing factory head unit. If you would watch this and then get back to us it might help clear up some problems that we can then solve!!

Let us know soon,

Paul

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdArMIyxgs