Rx350 Vs Ml350?

My wife currently has a 2005 RX330 which is her second RX, time for a new one. Narrowed down to RX & ML. Somewhat surprisingly, after several test drives it's clear the ML is much quieter and smoother than the RX. We're doing snow tests of both later today which will be interesting (couldn't be happier to see the snow this time). Biggest concern w/ the ML is Mercedes reliability history compared to Lexus. ML also doesn't have headlamp washers (very beneficial in MN) unless you get the not-avail-until-April headlight pkg.

Anyone compared these two? Thoughts?

My wife currently has a 2005 RX330 which is her second RX, time for a new one. Narrowed down to RX & ML. Somewhat surprisingly, after several test drives it's clear the ML is much quieter and smoother than the RX. We're doing snow tests of both later today which will be interesting (couldn't be happier to see the snow this time). Biggest concern w/ the ML is Mercedes reliability history compared to Lexus. ML also doesn't have headlamp washers (very beneficial in MN) unless you get the not-avail-until-April headlight pkg.

Anyone compared these two? Thoughts?

MN........

Have you considered the base model, V6, Porsche Cayenne...?

The newer RXes, 2010 and beyond, have a muchly improved, BLACK vs WHITE, F/awd system as opposed to the totally non-functional system, Trac braking ONLY, in the RX330-350 through '09 MY. That being said the last I knew the ML had a definite rear biased AWD system which would be a significant improvement over the new RX system first used in the Ford Escape/Mariner series over 10 years ago now.

The early RXes, '99-00, mostly functional F/awd system was discontinued by the '01 MY due to the persistency of premature transaxle failures arising from the overstressed, lack of robust design, driveline components.

• 2 weeks later...

I would never buy a mercedez again in my life, ever! unless you have lots of money to throw away on repairs/maintanance.. everything was expensive

I did everything I could to got rid off the 2006 ML350 and bought a brand new 2012 RX350.

historically the ml has proved to be trouble. when i bought my first Rx I owned a Ml for 24 hours before i discovered that in its six month life it had been in the shop no less than 29 times...turned it back in and bought the Rx....

actually the quality has been poor since around 1995

I agree, Mercedes use to mean last forever, now a days, it last until the warranty is up. The same can be said for Lexus though. My first Lexus was a 2002 LS430, that thing was build like a tank.