Gripping Door Handle Does Not Unlock Door

2011 IS250 - I believe it's supposed to allow me to unlock the driver's side door (and other doors as an option) simply by gripping the door handle, assuming the key is nearby. That does not work for me nor does pushing the door lock button on the outside of the door handle work to lock the door(s).

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

2011 IS250 - I believe it's supposed to allow me to unlock the driver's side door (and other doors as an option) simply by gripping the door handle, assuming the key is nearby. That does not work for me nor does pushing the door lock button on the outside of the door handle work to lock the door(s).

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Hi dantheman77,

A couple of things; When you say "Key nearby" how close do you mean? The fob must be within 2.3ft. in order to operate. Second, does the key/fob open the trunk? If it opens the trunk it must mean the radio wave system is working, including the transmitter in the key/fob.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Hi dantheman77,

A couple of things; When you say "Key nearby" how close do you mean? The fob must be within 2.3ft. in order to operate. Second, does the key/fob open the trunk? If it opens the trunk it must mean the radio wave system is working, including the transmitter in the key/fob.

I had the key fob in my pocket and also tried it just holding it closer in my other hand. Neither worked. It does work with the trunk, just not the door.

Thanks.

Dan

I did a little more looking into it this Dan and wonder if you have Nav in your IS. The "Smart Access" feature is customizable by using the Nav screen. You can shut off the other doors and leave only the drivers door active. However, I bet your going to say that it's your driver's door that is not working. LOL

The simplest solution ? Use your warranty and take it to the dealer before you drive yourself nuts trying to figure it out.

Also, if you have gloves on,(which I've had to do here a few times this fall) it does not work.

No nav but it still should work according to the manual.

Car starts fine. No sign of the battery dying. This seems to be the only thing not working.

You've got to let all of us know what the problem was. You really have me mystified. (I just think it's a software issue)