1999 Rx300 Ac Blower Problem

plu1818

Hi,

My 1999 RX300 blower motor was stuck at high speed, then squeaked for a short while and now died. I replaced the blower motor assembly this morning but the blower still did not work. What else could go wrong besides the motor? When the motor died, would it possibly take out others, like realys as well? Also, before when I changed the air flow directions, there was constant clicking noise behind the passanger side dashboard. Now it is completely gone. If it is the relay problem, how and where can I find them and replace them? Thanks for the help.

P.L.

I'm going to go out on a limb here but most automotive multi-speed blowers have a speed controller that is essentially a series of resistors - usually located where the resistors or cooling fins are in the duct work. If you look here Blower Controller - Part No. 3 I suspect this is that device. If that is what this "controller" is I suspect it has failed. A quick check with your Lexus parts department can confirm if that is in fact what it is. Check the obvious things such as the fuses but your description of how it failed and the fact that a new blower does not work suggest the controller is probably the culprit. Others here may be able to provide a more definitive suggestion but this is where I would start. Let us know what you find.

Lotsa luck.