2012 Tesla

pj8708

Its like driving a car made by Apple. Awesome...

I did notice a few parts bin pieces, the gearshift is from a BMW 7 series...and the window controls are from a Mercedes and are also shared...oddly enough with my Jeep. But I can excuse those lol

All electric (literally no emissions), price tag of a hybrid RX, and 0-60 in 5.6 seconds!!?? :cheers:

I'm completely amazed by this car! And it's actually GOOD looking!

This is what the cars of the future will be based on for sure. <_<

I dislike the absence of a center console. Sure, the car has no need of a transmission/driveshaft tunnel but the placement of a center console area is very good as a useful area for vehicle/interior controls. I see the storage bin just to the far right but there is a large space in front of it before the dash that seems to be saying:

"Look at this car that has no transmission tunnel! LOOK at this statement we're making by having all this useless empty space! THINK of all the uses for it! Now gym bags, purses and single bags of groceries can have a home dangerously close to the foot pedals!"

I kid. I like it. A good friend of mine got an early deposit on one of these.

I dislike the absence of a center console. Sure, the car has no need of a transmission/driveshaft tunnel but the placement of a center console area is very good as a useful area for vehicle/interior controls. I see the storage bin just to the far right but there is a large space in front of it before the dash that seems to be saying:

"Look at this car that has no transmission tunnel! LOOK at this statement we're making by having all this useless empty space! THINK of all the uses for it! Now gym bags, purses and single bags of groceries can have a home dangerously close to the foot pedals!"

I kid. I like it. A good friend of mine got an early deposit on one of these.

I think they were listening! :rolleyes:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/tesla-model-stouchscreen-dashboard-ar72436.html

o0nd4j.jpg

Bob Lutz says Tesla is going to make it. This on "Charlie Rose" last night. The stock has a BUY on it, even though their losing money.

Lutz says Global Warming is a "Crock of Sh*** " and 42mpg CAFE standards is ridiculous.

Read and watch:

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/11/bob-lutz-i-honestly-think-teslas-going-to-make-it/

Supposed to be one of these sedans on display at Tesla store in Santana Row (San Jose, CA) this Friday/Saturday.

Do you live near there, and if so are you going to check it out?

Yes, I was there last night, it's about 10 miles from my house but parking is a big hassle. Not sure if I will stop by to see it. I've seen plenty of high quality pictures of this car, but I really want to see one in the flesh at some point.