Where Is The Courtesy Lamp?

i keep seeing the courtesy lamp come up in diagrams and the manuel but i cant figure out where it is at. manuel says rear (armrest) console box light comes n when the tail lights are on. it is #29 in the diagram and cost 30$. #28 is the power charger the armrest console so i would assume it would be in the same area...?? i have never had a light in this area... and i cant find where the bulb would be.

post-88701-0-53432000-1320153790_thumb.g

if there were a light when i opened the arm rest i wouldnt be asking where the bulb was. i have to use the map lights.

I suggest you simply drop by a dealer and have them point to it. Then you'll be able to find it the next time.

Paul

The diagram for the U.S. spec 2002 ES300 I'm looking at doesn't show a console mounted courtesy light. I wonder if the diagram you have is for a different model year or another world market. I've sometimes noticed that some Lexus parts websites don't have the right diagrams for U.S. spec Lexus cars.

post-2157-0-17849600-1320276046_thumb.jp

Well..the manual isn't an advertisement, and it discusses a lot of equipment not all models have.

Do you have navigation? I'm thinking maybe the non-nav cars have e courtesy light, and e nab cars don't since with the nav that cubby is basically filled with the CD changer