Replace Calibers Again At 20K Miles

peeksnit

Replaced right caliper 20K/2 years ago then replaced left 2 months ago and mechanic said brake lines not holding up and preventing caliper from releasing. Planned to replace line on right side and low and behold, it is sticking. Replaced line but still collecting brake dust but not as bad as when caliper required R&R. Thoughts on next steps? Thinking of taking off caliper and expanding and contracting a few times to loosen up cylinder? Not too excited about replacing again.

... mechanic said brake lines not holding up ...

What the #!@# does that mean?

Thoughts on next steps?

Different mechanic?

Explanation I got was that the lines were collapsing due to age and not allowing fluid to release or drain back into the lines after brakes are used. Of course, that could just be my interpretation of what he said.

Used this mechanic for years and not a "certified" mechanic but seems to always have alot of good sense. Thoughts?

And thanks for the reply

• 2 months later...

How did you resolve this problem with excessive brake wear? I am having the same problem with my rear brakes on my '00 ES300. Replaced rear pads in Sept 2011 then again a month later along with both rear callipers. Now they are grinding again. Any suggestions?