Control Arms Replacement

sule

Hi,guys last year i replaced my lower arms bushing after i put the arms back the car was in bad shape i could not turn the wheel i took it to alignment and the tech told me i did not measure the settings before removing the arms so i ends up paying one extra hour worth of labor.now i want to replace the arms and i have been searching online and on this forum trying to get the imformation or instructions how to mark the settings before removing the arms.

I will really appreciate your help my ball joints are all worn out completely.

93 SC 4 W/ 209k. Soon to do lca's. Did you notice a big improvement after this repair?? Mechanic says I need lca's & inner tie rods. Right now she's a dangerous pig. Hope this is my cureall as I can't afford alot at one time. thanks for info on measurement.........Will pass along to my guy. Steve

• 3 weeks later...

So simple. Mark the eccentric cams with a line that extends to the body. Very odd the alignment tech would charge you extra to adjust cam bolts. Ive been doing alignments (professionally/daily) for over 10rs, and the cars and trucks with these lower adjusters are my favorites. Lord, I would hate to see what the same tech would charge to align one of those trucks that requires upper ball joint adjuster sleeves!!!

I just replaced my lower control arm bushings and plan on aligning it this week when my wheels arrive. I marked my adjusters and put them back, but re-aligning it is the only SURE way to know youre good. After spending $500 on tires, I'm going to realign it anyhow. My machine measures in .05degrees at center-line of wheel, and also in .05" for centerline toe-in. Granted, I can get DAMN close with a tapemeasure and a camber guage, caster is too finicky on rear wheel drive cars, to just tape out the wheelbases.

Find a suspension and alignment man you can trust. Pay him for his knowledge and honesty. These cars are the EASIEST to properly align on both front and rear axles, and get it into specs. The camry is the same way. If you have an honest alignment guy, he will KNOW how to check for what parts you're going to need. He should also to be able to show you VISIBLY which part he finds bad.

Man I love the Lexus for its ride quality. Remember, even a tiny thing like a sway-bar end-link, can make it sound like your car is falling apart. Or, a tie-rod end (inner or outter), can be loose as hell, youd never know it unless you look. Long winded I know, but maybe this helps a little? Ill find a picture of my control arm bushing install, to show the adjusters.post-134764-0-33466800-1320205901_thumb. I have a video clip with long explainations as a replace the control arm bushings. If anyone cares, i may edit and post it somewhere. Thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks alot for your help i did not realize that those thinks have a marks anyway that alignment tech charge me 90.00 Dollars that caused me to learn something after putting the arms back one arm came out 100% and the other one was off by just a little bit so its all works out fine