Navigation

iralynn

I received an ad from Lexus stating the navigation upgrade (11.1) is available for my 2010 rx 350 at a cost of $169. My dealer, when called, stated that the price is $289.00 and that he must install it. What is going on with the price? Why can't I install it myself?

The navigation in your RX uses a hard drive instead of a DVD and the update for it comes on USB flash memory that plugs into the nav system during the update. If my memory serves me, I think Lexus policy was that only dealers were "allowed" to do the update or that having the dealer do the update was highly recommended.

You might check the Sewell Lexus parts website to see if they have instructions on how to do the update: http://www.sewellparts.com/ I distinctly remember that they have instructions for updating the DVD based nav systems in all Lexus models but I don't remember if they have instructions for the hard drive based nav systems.

I received an ad from Lexus stating the navigation upgrade (11.1) is available for my 2010 rx 350 at a cost of $169. My dealer, when called, stated that the price is $289.00 and that he must install it. What is going on with the price? Why can't I install it myself?

I believe the dealer must plug in their service laptop to install the update from the USB drive to your hard drive. The extremely high additional cost is labor and run time of their laptop. Ouch!!