*new Member* Q About Interior Design

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Lexus RX 350 soon (once I sell my Toyota) and had a question. Everytime I test drive this car, or look at the interior pictures online, I notice that the gear shift is very close to the knobs. Does this create a problem for anyone? Or is anyone annoyed by this? I'm not sure why Lexus designed this in this way. My current car has a lot of space between the gear and the controlls.

Thanks for your input!

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a Lexus RX 350 soon (once I sell my Toyota) and had a question. Everytime I test drive this car, or look at the interior pictures online, I notice that the gear shift is very close to the knobs. Does this create a problem for anyone? Or is anyone annoyed by this? I'm not sure why Lexus designed this in this way. My current car has a lot of space between the gear and the controlls.

Thanks for your input!

Welcome to the LOC.

I don't own a RX350 but I have driven one several times and have never found the layout of the gearshift/console to be a problem. Additionally, I can't recall anyone posting an issue with your particular concern. I think it's like many things new, for example, when I went from my 2005 ES350 to my 2010 ES350 I thought I would never adjust to the length of the gearshift shaft, It just seemed too long and skinny and thereby, "Cheap". Now I think it looks contemporary.

However, we like what we like and when your paying big bucks you should get it.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your input!

Welcome to the LOC.

I don't own a RX350 but I have driven one several times and have never found the layout of the gearshift/console to be a problem. Additionally, I can't recall anyone posting an issue with your particular concern. I think it's like many things new, for example, when I went from my 2005 ES350 to my 2010 ES350 I thought I would never adjust to the length of the gearshift shaft, It just seemed too long and skinny and thereby, "Cheap". Now I think it looks contemporary.

However, we like what we like and when your paying big bucks you should get it.

I have been using 2010 RX 350 all this time and feel that the gear knob has been designed well, keeping in mind other controls around it.

• 1 month later...