Lexus Is Unable To Repair Their Own Vehicle

Ferns

I have a 2010 RX 350 (Touring edition) and am unable to save telephone numbers on the hard drive. Went to Don Valley Lexus in Markham, Canada but they were not able to repair. During May 2011 I called Lexus customer service and they are still trying to identify the problem so that they can recitify it. Left the vehicle at the dealership 3 times (the last one on 19 Sept 2011) but still they are unable to repair. Has anyone come across this problem? If so what did they do? Is there any way to contact the REAL technical people in Toyota/Lexus (not the customer service clerks) to complain about this issue. 4 Months is a looooooong time to repair a vehicle. If factory trained technicians are not able to repair then who would?

Its a shame on Lexus that they are not able to repair their own vehicle.

I have a 2010 RX 350 (Touring edition) and am unable to save telephone numbers on the hard drive. Went to Don Valley Lexus in Markham, Canada but they were not able to repair. During May 2011 I called Lexus customer service and they are still trying to identify the problem so that they can recitify it. Left the vehicle at the dealership 3 times (the last one on 19 Sept 2011) but still they are unable to repair. Has anyone come across this problem? If so what did they do? Is there any way to contact the REAL technical people in Toyota/Lexus (not the customer service clerks) to complain about this issue. 4 Months is a looooooong time to repair a vehicle. If factory trained technicians are not able to repair then who would?

Just curious, what phone are you using?

One other approach is contact Lexus via Facebook.

Just curious, what phone are you using?

One other approach is contact Lexus via Facebook.

Customer Interaction Centre

Lexus-Canada

1 800 265 3987

I have been assigned a case number and have exchanged several calls but of no result.

Are you simply attempting to transfer contacts from your phone to your Lexus Bluetooth system?

The reason I ask is that many phones and even some extremely popular ones are not fully compatible with Lexus Bluetooth systems or the Bluetooth systems in vehicles made by other manufacturers. Some phones are compatible to the degree that calls can be made and received through the Lexus Bluetooth system but they cannot transfer their contact list or contacts can be transferred only one at a time.

What phone are you using.

Are you simply attempting to transfer contacts from your phone to your Lexus Bluetooth system?

The reason I ask is that many phones and even some extremely popular ones are not fully compatible with Lexus Bluetooth systems or the Bluetooth systems in vehicles made by other manufacturers. Some phones are compatible to the degree that calls can be made and received through the Lexus Bluetooth system but they cannot transfer their contact list or contacts can be transferred only one at a time.

I have a Nokia G3 from where contacts cannot be transferred. I was inputting manually one by one. There is a provision for 1000 numbers and after inserting 1 it still reads as 1000 empty. The technician at the dealer connected his iphone and still he could not add a single number. This issue was then submitted by them to 'Lexus Canada' and no progress. They are not able to pinpoint a reason nor any resolution since May.

I have a Nokia G3 from where contacts cannot be transferred. I was inputting manually one by one. There is a provision for 1000 numbers and after inserting 1 it still reads as 1000 empty. The technician at the dealer connected his iphone and still he could not add a single number. This issue was then submitted by them to 'Lexus Canada' and no progress. They are not able to pinpoint a reason nor any resolution since May.

iPhones and Lexus connect easily. Sounds like you need a warranty replacement. I'm surprised you didn't get it when the tech couldn't transfer contacts. Call customer service with test results and ask for a warranty replacement.

iPhones and Lexus connect easily. Sounds like you need a warranty replacement. I'm surprised you didn't get it when the tech couldn't transfer contacts. Call customer service with test results and ask for a warranty replacement.

They have agreed that it is a warranty replacement item, however they do not know what to replace. They have yet to detect the inoperative part so that they can replace it. Looks like they will need to contact Japan for expertise on it. What a mission.....