Nitto 555

IslandLex

• 1 month later...
Greetings Again My GS Brothers

I'm looking to purchase 4 Nitto 555 for my 1999 GS-300

Does anyone have any comments on these tires.

Thanks

NY BlkLex

I have had many sets of tires as well. I personly like the Toyo Proxy TS1. However the Nitto 555 is also a great tries. You may not like it in that rainy season but over all it is a great trie.

Greetings Again My GS Brothers

I'm looking to purchase 4 Nitto 555 for my 1999 GS-300

Does anyone have any comments on these tires.

Thanks

NY BlkLex

http://www.nittotire.com/mainframe.asp

Here is the link to Nitto Tech. section that tells you about the tire

http://www.toyo.com/tires/index_frame.html

This link is to the toyo site for the T!-S, sorry i had the name worng in my other post.

• 2 weeks later...

It just so happens I installed a set of 245 45 18's on my 99300. I've had Pirelli's, Toyo's, Dunlops and now the Nittos. I think they are ok. For the money, they are good. Good roll rate, braking. Haven't had them long enough to test the water displacement. Other than the Nitto's, I'd go Toyo FZ4.

Just took the car on 1000 mile trip. Tires held up great.

Good luck.

hey steve@ of all those tires you didn't mention any of the models

(gm even makes crap models and much better ones)

personally i think toyos for summer are the best hands down

they are also used in a shaved version for scca track events

i have 225/40 18's on mine and love them

i had kumho 712's and they are crap but cheap

i have driven many cars with toyo fz4's and i also rank them lower than the kuhmo's really bad on traction wet/dry noisy and wear quickly

Well, here's my .02... I have Toyo T1-S's and I've had 4 sets of them.. IMO they're they best, here's a real recent example why.. Yesturday I was with a friend and we were washing our GS's he was like damn Mike those 30 series tires look almost like your riding on a flat.. I looked and it really didn't look that flat so I played no attention to it.. So after we left his house we were racing on the pkwy going about 120 and just plain and simple running our car hard.. Later last night I was thinking about what he said and I decided to check the tire pressure and it just so happens that the rear tire had only 10 psi.. And to he honest with you the tire heldup like it was a runflat... I didn't even notice that the tire was pretty much flat.. And it was like that the whole day...

I've also had Pirelli's and Kumo's and they both sucked... The Kumo doesn't hold it's thread life for anything also with those I was proned to hydroplaning.. Then the P-Zero's were much to sensitive.. I'd say within the first 2 months of me putting them on my car I got 3 flats.. Go with the Toyo's I know they are a tad pricey but in the long run it's worth it..