Navtraffic 2008 Ls460

I activated my Trial XM subscription and I can't tell if I am getting Nav Traffic or not. The radio works adn Nav traffic is available in my Zip. I called tech support and they are really useless. They can't explain to me what the screen looks like when I get Nav traffic. Do I have to do something, like press the INFO button? or does a traffic pattern appear in the NAV screen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I activated my Trial XM subscription and I can't tell if I am getting Nav Traffic or not. The radio works adn Nav traffic is available in my Zip. I called tech support and they are really useless. They can't explain to me what the screen looks like when I get Nav traffic. Do I have to do something, like press the INFO button? or does a traffic pattern appear in the NAV screen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Don't know for sure on a 08 or not but in 10 GX you should see a trafic icon on the nav screen on the left side. Also if you go in to the settings I think you can turn on/off the traffic updates too.

Good Luck! :cheers:

I don't drive every day so I am doing this from memory. I have an LS 460 from 2009. In the upper left of the screen if the traffic is working I believe that the letters XM yellow or white and if the satellite traffic is not working then the letters XM are dark or grayed out.

You cannot see traffic on the highest map resolution of the map. You have to press the minus sign several times. If the traffic is working then the roads will be either green, yellow or red for fast slow or traffic jam. If there is construction they'll be a yellow caution sign.

I have only seen the traffic on interstate highways. I have never seen traffic on the rural roads or streets.

I think you have to also turn it on. I forget if you click on the menu button or the info button but if you monkey around with the buttons is a place where you can turn satellite traffic on. It's not rocket science if you play with the menus.

You may also have to refresh your signal with XM radio. Sometimes I have done that and it works.

Also I find it works better in urban areas than in rural areas.

The other day I was in Florida and rented a Mercedes E class and the navigation system on the E class is better. The car is not as reliable as the Lexus but the user interface is slicker on the Mercedes. Life is filled with compromises.

Thanks Phil J. I know what you mean. I did see the XM letters on the left side of the Nav screen. It was grayed out. So i would assume that if I am picking up traffic then I will see the XM highlighted of something will happen. I guess I just was in an area where the signal is not available.

• 4 months later...

I never renewed my subscription after the trial ended. I use Google traffic on my smartphone instead. I already pay for a data plan, so it comes for 'free.' Traffic updates are far more real time, and there's a lot more road coverage. Kind of a shame it can't be integrated into the Nav unit in lieu of XM/Sirius.

For that matter, I use Pandora instead of XM Radio also. I'm running high quality audio mode, and it sounds better than XM/Sirius for whatever reason. I'm on the road for at least 3hrs a day. That works out to be about 500MB/week.

I let my Sirius subscription expire in my Sync unit in my Ford truck as well. Fuel prices on that Travel Link thing were never less than 1-2 days old. Useless. I use GasBuddy on my phone instead.

The best part is, I pay for one data plan on my phone and it goes with me regardless of the number of cars I drive. No need to mess with multicar subscription rates.