Smooth Like New!

jzz30

folks i am proud to say that my LS is back to a like new ride! i chnaged all of the front suspension pieces, motor mounts, and just chnaged the trans mount and WOW! the last annoying vibration while driving is gone, even starting the car up is back to a brand new like feel...i mean what feel? :lol:

its a 90 with i think 140k miles

well total cost is biG :wacko: ill give you an estimat after th list of parts

Suspension:

upper and lower arms,

lower ball joints,

air sus was changed 3 years ago,

strut arm bushings,

swaybar bushings,

swaybar links,

rear trailing arm bushings

Steering:

inner tie rods,

rack mounts,

rack and pinion overhauled because of leak,

front wheel bearings (why not after all this and everything is appart)

Engine:

Radiator,

waterpump,

timing belt,

all of the bearings and pullies in the front of the engine,

motor mounts,

trans mounts

Total estimated cost: $3500

whoo............... this is staggering!

Did the new bearings and pulleys on the engine really help "quiet" her down?

Very Impressive.

Hey, since the engine is good for 400K, You've (maybe) just got yourself a new LS ( you said the ride was smooth like new!) for $3500. That's 10 more years of service so it's a bargain.

oh yea you could feel the new pullies and bearings, the motor smothed up quite a bit yea 10 more years is good. but at this point i think the most important parts were the ball joints, sway bushings, motor and trans mounts, and rear arm bushings. but the new pullies and stuff were nice :D

$3500 is nothing. Would have been 10K or more at my dealer. I can get 400K miles off this engine? I didn't know that. Well, sounds like really good work you did. WAy to go.

thats about $3500 in parts excluding labor meaning my fees :lol: (which is reletively alot :P ) so what usually kills the people is the labor and it probably would have cost in the neighborhood of 10k$ if it was all done at the dealer.

$3500 is nothing. Would have been 10K or more at my dealer. I can get 400K miles off this engine? I didn't know that. Well, sounds like really good work you did. WAy to go.

Yes, 400 k is not a problem - Engine, Tranny, Diffy all solid if well maintained.

The problem would be with the rest of the car. As you can see, a lot of parts wear out over 10 years.

We need a test driver to put 100K a year on a 2000 or so LS - Then we would have a car with 500K+ miles and no work on the suspension, mounts, PS, ets. :D

I have looked at this web site today for the first time. I was curious how many people are sharing my opinon that there is little if any justification for replacing my 92 LS 400. Mine has around 180,000 miles and is still a joy to drive. Enjoyed reading about your work on yours.

Don