Strange Unlocking Situation

K.C. Dia

After a nearly six month hiatus, it did it again today. Walked past the rear passenger door, door beeped, door unlocked. I'm sure that I did not hit the unlock button on the key while walking. Strange, but no harm since I can always relock the car.

LOL!

Get this...my Mom still uses AOL...DIAL UP.

WOW...SW. You need to help her out and get her DSL or Cable...

Funny thing about dial up. I was looking over my bills here at the office a few months ago and I got arguing with the guy from Verizon about how many lines I was getting charged for at my main office...and why the bill was so much different then my other office. We only have two more lines here than at the other office but the bill was $300 more a month. The guy keeps telling me I have 5 more lines at this location...so after the 5th time telling him that my phone system can only handle 5 lines and I have a fax that it is not possible. So we go back and forth back and forth! :chairshot: Finally I asked when was the last time a call was made from either of the other 5 lines...NOT IN OVER 7-8 years! DIAL UP INTERNET LINES! I couldn't believe it... so I got my bill trimmed down! :cheers:

And if you don't open a door it will relock itself after 30 seconds.

Yes, assuming everything is working properly. But then, everything is not working properly. The next time it happens, I will wait and see is it relocks itself after 30 seconds. Very strange. I must have offended the Lexus Gods.

And if you don't open a door it will relock itself after 30 seconds.

As for those of you using AOL. Its not 1999 anymore, get with the program ;)

Per usual, your always so gentle with your suggestions. LOL :)

• 3 years later...

After a nearly six month hiatus, it did it again today. Walked past the rear passenger door, door beeped, door unlocked. I'm sure that I did not hit the unlock button on the key while walking. Strange, but no harm since I can always relock the car.

Sorry to drag up such an old thread but this has happened to me about 4 or 5 times except I am approaching from the front. We bought a 2007 ES350 from the dealer in November 2014. If you still have this car has this continued? Did I buy your car? ;)

The only things that come to mind would batteries in the fob and perhaps the car battery as Lezus said that the car's battery is showing wear. I have not seen any signs of that.