2003 Rx300 Ticking Noise

crazyfore

HAS ANYONE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEIR 2003 RX300?

MY RX MAKES A TICKING SOUND THAT COMES FROM THE ENGINE

ON THE PASSENGERS SIDE. I JUST BOUGHT THIS IN FEBRUARY AND

WHEN I TOOK IT UP FOR IT'S 1,000 SERVICE THE DEALER LOOKED

INTO IT AND SAID THAT IT IS NORMAL. THEY SAID IT COMES FROM

THE INJECTORS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND IT IS A BASIC

CHARACTERISTIC OF ALL 2003 RX300'S. THE ONE I TRADED IN, A

1999 RX300 NEVER MADE THIS SOUND. YOU CAN BEARLY HEAR IT IF

YOU LISTEN UNDER THE HOOD, BUT IF YOU ARE SITTING INSIDE THE

VEHICLE YOU HEAR IT TAPPING OR TICKING WHENEVER YOU ARE IN

PARK OR STOPPED. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS?

Hi crazyfore - welcome to the club!

Don't have an RX myself, so can't share any personal experience sorry.

But - can repeat some advice one of our UK members gave in a similar situation.

If this is a perfectly normal noise, and all RX's make it - ask the dealer to sit in an RX with you (one of the nice shiny new ones in their showroom) and show you how that one makes the same noise.

;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2003 RX300 as well (bought Nov '02, currently 4500 miles on it) which also makes numerous ticking noises. The only one I have checked and found to be normal is the one created by the capicitors of the windshield wipers. You may notice that whenever the windshield wipers move from their 'down' position, you hear a tick (which sometimes is louder than my music at high volume). I've heard numerous other clicks while driving, though I tend to believe they are normal (not to say that I dont also worry about the ticks)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

:( I also have had a ticking noise! I hate any type of noises that are indicative of a possible problem and I seem to pick up on all of them!

My 2002 RX300 was making a ticking noise for several months before I figured out what it was. I found that after the A/C fan speed was on low for awhile the noise would begin. Adjusting the fan speed to a different level other than low would get the noise to stop but that was unexceptable - it needed to be fixed.

I took it in several times before I got them to pinpoint the problem. They told me there was something stuck down in the fan area that was making the noise. Don't know how true that is but the Dealer I use seems very honest and diligent in helping me with any problems I have had.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2001 RX300. I'm glad to hear that someone else has this "ticking" problem because I have the same problem and no one is able to fix it!! I also have a ticking noise that occurs about every 10 to 15 minutes normally when the weather is warm. I don't know where it's coming from but it sounds like it's coming from the back part of my car. I had someone from the dealership drive around with me but of course, it didn't tick once b/c the weather was kind of cold out. I'm not sure of the cause and I would REALLY like to get rid of it. Have you had any luck? Thanks!!