Where Do I Find Options On 1993 Ls--In Rear Car Seat?

"In-the-glass" tinted windows did not come on 1993 LS400; understand that was offered in 1995. After owning the car for many years, I got charged $10. extra (for the first time) for having tint film on the inside of car windows. This was obviously installed in Japan !!!! All the windows would have to be removed to install the film as it is installed: all the way to the side edges and bottom to metal; glass would have to be out of car to do this.

Factory tint is allowed (North Carolina) but I have to prove it was done by the factory.

Anyone run into this solution ???

USA cars used to have the 'build sheets' stuck in the rear seats or under front seats [Dodge had decals under hood listing options]. QUESTION: did Lexus do that and if so, where do you look???

Yes, I did not buy the car new but it is a local car. Will the SN tell me?? Where do you send it???

Many thanks----

need help on this just because it makes me mad !!!

Richard

If the tint is a film, it's not OEM. Many dealers offer window tint as an add on package, but they send the car out to have it done. I've never seen OE tint on an LS but for the RX and all SUVs/trucks sold in the US the tint have it embedded in the glass when it's made, and is only done on the rear windows, and is legal in all States. Cars have different laws though and I'm pretty sure NC is 35% maximum.

AGAIN: ALL the glass would have to be removed to install the film on ALL glass surfaces as it is on my car. Does everyone think a dealer would have done that !!!!! I don't. That is why I am trying to find out where the build sheet is located on the car; or how to get the 'bill of sale' etc with tinted windows listed as on the car.

need info please

You don't have to get an attitude about it. I asked a question, you could have just answered and said "Yes, it is film". No need to get all wound up about it.

I used to tint windows and you do not have to take the glass out to tint it fully. With the door panel removed you can go much farther down the glass behind the door, and I was taught to cut it flush to the top edge, leaving no gap. As for the rear glass, just the rear deck needs to be removed to tint it edge to edge, it certainly doesn't have to be out of the car. I highly doubt the door glass was taken out since there's a risk of scratching the tint when reinstalling it, but it is possible someone pulled them to tint them, it's very easy to remove the door glass anyway if so inclined. Do I think it's OE? No. But if you're so certain of it, call a dealer or put effort that direction instead of yelling out people here who've tried to help.

"In-the-glass" tinted windows did not come on 1993 LS400; understand that was offered in 1995.

Actually, all gen 1 and all other LS400's sold in the U.S. had tint embedded in the glass. It may not have been dark enough for many people (including me) so that's why so many of us had aftermarket tint film installed.

My first LS400 (1990 white exterior) had gray tinted windows as standard. My 2000 LS400 (white exterior) has bronze tinted windows as standard. I had aftermarket tint installed on both cars in compliance with the regulations of the state in which I live.

Crazy--I have been a member for 7 years and never had anyone NOT read what I wrote then got mad about not understanding it. Are drinks being served here? It is funny to witness naiveness.

My first post stated that I had tint film on the inside of the windows. Is not that very clear here or what.

Ok,RDM, WHERE IS THE QUESTION THAT YOU SAID I DIDN'T ANSWER????? There is NOT one !!!!

Maybe you need to read this thread again before you get wound up not me. I answered your NON-question in the first post. I was attempting to clarify what I was asking because responses were as if things were unclear.

How else could I state that the windows had to be removed to install the film. When I removed a door panel once{the car has 208,000 miles on it so I have had it awhile) I can see the bottom of the glass and there is no way to install without removal.

Anyway, perhaps someone took all the glass out~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~BYE !!! el fin

Crazy--I have been a member for 7 years and never had anyone NOT read what I wrote then got mad about not understanding it. Are drinks being served here? It is funny to witness naiveness.

My first post stated that I had tint film on the inside of the windows. Is not that very clear here or what.

Ok,RDM, WHERE IS THE QUESTION THAT YOU SAID I DIDN'T ANSWER????? There is NOT one !!!!

Maybe you need to read this thread again before you get wound up not me. I answered your NON-question in the first post. I was attempting to clarify what I was asking because responses were as if things were unclear.

How else could I state that the windows had to be removed to install the film. When I removed a door panel once{the car has 208,000 miles on it so I have had it awhile) I can see the bottom of the glass and there is no way to install without removal.

Anyway, perhaps someone took all the glass out~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~BYE !!! el fin

No one is mad, and no one misunderstood your post. Not anyone I see anyway. You attacked me man, not the other way around. I'm just defending myself. You didn't specify for certain whether it was indeed film, and then you made the assumption it was done in Japan. How do you know that? If you want to attack someone to vent over your bad day or whatever it was, say so.

Also, your language skills need work because the statement : Is not that very clear here or what doesn't make a shred of sense. But I agree, I'm done too. I don't waste my time with people who clearly have a chip on their shoulder for no reason.

• 3 weeks later...