Reset Oil Maintenance Required Light

Could someone please adivse me on how to reset the oil maintenance required light on the car. Thanks!

The answer is in the manual. I don't remember the exact details, but they are like "keep the car on ODO, press button, keep pressed as you turn ignition on, let it show change, then let go button, turn off." Not difficult and, as I said , in the manual.

The procedure to reset the oil maintenance log is included in the manual. I just changed my oil at 2300 miles; followed the procedure for resetting and it worked! Good luck!

With the car off hold down the trip meter reset button and switch the car on while holding the trip meter. You will see a count down on the center of the dash. When it has finished, release. You have to start with odo in display not trip A but not a 100% sure about that. It may be you have to start in trip A when you start. One or the other.

Bob

• 2 months later...

The procedure that worked for me on my 2010 RX 350 is as follows:

1. Make sure the trip/odo is in the Trip A selection.

2. Hold down the ODOD/TRIP button while turning the car on.

3. It immediately goes to resetting oil maintenance message and quickly reset it.

FYI

Cris

Most customers want that we do Professions Power Leveling, Honor killing Power Leveling and Reputation Power Leveling for them. Now we offer the special prices that get 10% off. Thanks our loyal customers choose our service and we will still offer more specialsRuneScape Gold for you.

We still focus on the speed of tradingRuneScape Gold . So we are collecting wow gold to our stock 24/7 non-stop. And we are so happy that there are many loyal customers choose our service for the . We will still do the fastest delivery to our lovely customers. Come on ,chick it to Buy WOW Gold.

This guy is posting this(what is it?) all over the forum. My advice is to disregard. If you can figure out what it is let me know!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I must be dense. First of all I searched the manual for a half-hour and couldn't find the oil maintenance required reset procedure. I searched because the very clear and concise procedures offered above didn't work. I tried leaving the ODO display on each choice and then turned the car off. With the ODO button pushed in I turned the car back on. The Oil Maintenance Required display is still on. Any other suggestions? (If you know what page in the 2010 RX350 owners manual the procedure is I would sure appreciate it). This is very frustrating for what appears to be a small, seemingly simple, thing. Please don't take the time to confirm that I'm dense, my family already knows that, and I'm trying to avoid the truth.

I must be dense. First of all I searched the manual for a half-hour and couldn't find the oil maintenance required reset procedure. I searched because the very clear and concise procedures offered above didn't work. I tried leaving the ODO display on each choice and then turned the car off. With the ODO button pushed in I turned the car back on. The Oil Maintenance Required display is still on. Any other suggestions? (If you know what page in the 2010 RX350 owners manual the procedure is I would sure appreciate it). This is very frustrating for what appears to be a small, seemingly simple, thing. Please don't take the time to confirm that I'm dense, my family already knows that, and I'm trying to avoid the truth.

If it's like my 09RX350: ODO must be on total miles. Turn motor off. Hold the ODO button down and keep it down. Turn key to ignition setting while still holding ODO button down. The odometer reading will indicate it is re-setting and when it is reset - and only then - you release the ODO button. Turn key off. Then turn engine on and maintenance light should be 'out'. Good luck!

[i don't have the 2010 manual, so cannot indicate page. If you want to know page in 2009 manual, I could probably look it up.}

If it's like my 09RX350: ODO must be on total miles. Turn motor off. Hold the ODO button down and keep it down. Turn key to ignition setting while still holding ODO button down. The odometer reading will indicate it is re-setting and when it is reset - and only then - you release the ODO button. Turn key off. Then turn engine on and maintenance light should be 'out'. Good luck!

[i don't have the 2010 manual, so cannot indicate page. If you want to know page in 2009 manual, I could probably look it up.}

Thanks for the effort. There's no key, just the ignition button on the 2010's. No matter what display I leave the ODO on the procedure doesn't work. Guess I'll have to call the dealer. Thanks everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the effort. There's no key, just the ignition button on the 2010's. No matter what display I leave the ODO on the procedure doesn't work. Guess I'll have to call the dealer. Thanks everyone.

Finally THE ANSWER. For all who want to know. I fyou have a 2010 RX350 with push button start here's the way to reset the Oil Maintenance Required light:

1. Odometer Must be in Trip A display

2. Turn the car off

3. Hold the Odometer button down and continue to hold throught all steps to follow

4. Do NOT put your foot on the brake

5. Push the ignition button twice. Do not hold

6. Watch the display (continue to hold the Odometer button)

7. The Oil Maintenance light will reset after a few seconds

8. FInally, release the odometer button.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In my 2010 manual on lower half of page 461 are 4 steps to reset.

The directions listed in the owner's manual are totally FUBAR. They were written by an idiot; are completely non sequitur. Use Roy's directions; thanks Roy (if that is your real name) :rolleyes::cheers: .

• 2 years later...

There's 2 really good videos on Youtube that show you how to reset the oil maintenance warning messages. I'll post both video links below.

I personally played the Youtube video from my iPhone while sitting in my car after I realized that the dealer forgot to do this for me after they just completed the engine misfire CSP (recall) on my 2006 GS300.

One of these how-to videos should work for you :whistles:

2010 Lexus ES350 Reseting the Oil Maintenance Rquired Light

or this

2006 Lexus GS300 Clearing the Oil MAINT REQD Light

• 5 years later...

This weekend was quite calm, with a couple of videos about upcoming content and a Podcast coming out. Many players also took full advantage of the third Mega May Weekend, which offered some very attractive bonuses to those starved for Slayer XP. Some dedicated players took full advantage of it,  Buy FIFA Coins and  CSGO Skins for sale earning several million Slayer XP over the promotion and getting their Slayer skill up-to-snuff.First of all, the developers answered some questions and generally talked about the Void Knight Outpost rework. They were quite proud of a ship they made to switch with an old abomination, which looked like it was made of plywood. Who knows, they might change all ships in the zone.The whole zone also received several changes, which resulted in a dark and moody “feel” when there. It looks like there’s a perpetual storm raging over the Void Knight Outpost. We have to point out that there are plans to include other weather patterns if some new content around the area comes out.The developer who presented the changes and asked the questions said that he would prefer if the number of players required to enter the zone went down, as the zone is quite old, current RuneScape players overgear it, while also having higher Combat level. If the developers’ reasoning turns out to be sound, this change should turn out to be successful.Being a purely graphical update, the rework of the Void Knight Outpost will not overly alter any quests taking place there. Granted, some action taking place in the beach was moved to The Hearth, so SOME  rs 3 gold things will be different; however, it’s will not be too difficult to figure it out and adapt.Where this rework is concerned, there is one final point of interest: no lore changes aimed at bringing the zone into the Sixth Age are planned; however, it would be a welcome change, according to developers.If that wasn’t enough, Jagex released a trailer for the Kindred Spirits Quest. You can see it right here. We found it very dark and interesting. To tell you the truth, we actually can’t wait to try it out.

On 7/2/2010 at 3:26 AM, pauljcl said:

The answer is in the manual. I don't remember the exact details, but they are like "keep the car on ODO, press button, keep pressed as you turn ignition on, let it show change, then let go button, turn off." Not difficult and, as I said , in the manual.

Lol, I was thinking I am the only one who doesn't read manually.