60K Service

You have a Harley and don't do your own work? What is this world coming to???? :D

:) Nope don't do the work on that either. Order the Redline fluids and have the dealer do it for $90.00. I would rather be riding it then turning wrenches. But I have changed the oil in previous cars and motorcycles I just don't want to spend the little free time I have doing something I can pay someone else to do. Like cutting grass. I have a John Deere ridding mower that I have to charge the battery up on and start it up every once in awhile to let it run because it is easier to pay someone to cut my grass. My time is more valuable than that. I think I just talked myself into selling my grasscutter. :)

Next service, save yourself a few bucks and DIY.

I am not trying to come across as a jerk but just because it may be beneficial for you to do your own services there are many of us who not only don't want to do it also just don't have time to do it either. For me the little bit of time I have off the last thing I want to do is crawl under a car, have to find somewhere to dispose of the fluids. If I take off to do the service I will loose more money than if I had just paid to have the service done in the first place. It depends doing your own service "may" save you money and it may not. My time is worth money too.

I didn't think the post I responded to was yours....

*edit* ..and now that I've checked, I see that it wasn't.

I am not trying to come across as a jerk but just because it may be beneficial for you to do your own services there are many of us who not only don't want to do it also just don't have time to do it either. For me the little bit of time I have off the last thing I want to do is crawl under a car, have to find somewhere to dispose of the fluids. If I take off to do the service I will loose more money than if I had just paid to have the service done in the first place. It depends doing your own service "may" save you money and it may not. My time is worth money too.

Oh. My fault I guess if your post wasn't directed at me I am not supposed to respond? What?

*edit* by the way if you had read the OP post he has already said that he is not a DIY kind of guy.

Oh. My fault I guess if your post wasn't directed at me I am not supposed to respond? What?

*edit* by the way if you had read the OP post he has already said that he is not a DIY kind of guy.

Exactly (to your first point)

To your second point, I have read the OP's post. If YOU had read the entire post, you'd see that I'm responding to chand3's post with the DIY comment, not to RXREY's post. RXREY is the one that said he's not DIYer.

Hey, look before you leap...

To your second point, I have read the OP's post. If YOU had read the entire post, you'd see that I'm responding to chand3's post with the DIY comment, not to RXREY's post. RXREY is the one that said he's not DIYer.

Lemon... You are right misread and thought your post was directed at Rey. But that is besides the point of telling someone to DIY, my point was just because it saves you money and it works for you that is great but it is not the same for everyone.

And to my first point I am not sure who you think you are but if you don't want me to reply or post it is simple don't post on here and use email or PM's to say what you want otherwise I will post and reply to whatever I feel like!

Boys, don't fight... you're BOTH pretty.

There is a rear differential IF you have the AWD version... if you have the FWD version, then no.

My dealer used 3 qts of ATFWS WORLD STANDARD AUTOM at a $7.78 a bottle and charged me $74 in labor for a total of $104

Considering the time it would take me to track down the right oil, research the quantity, set up the work area, do the task, clean up (including a shower), and dispose of the used oil... I would be hard pressed to get all that done in less than the 1.6 hrs needed for me to just break even economically, let alone save any money at it.

This kind of math works out for the air filters because those are very easy and quick.... but for oil and getting under the car... That is the kind of thing you do for the love of it. Like a hobby. I don't love it, never did, so I pay someone else to do it. That works for me, YMMV.

Lemon... You are right misread and thought your post was directed at Rey. But that is besides the point of telling someone to DIY, my point was just because it saves you money and it works for you that is great but it is not the same for everyone.

And to my first point I am not sure who you think you are but if you don't want me to reply or post it is simple don't post on here and use email or PM's to say what you want otherwise I will post and reply to whatever I feel like!

That's great. You do that. Feel better now?

Posting and replying to whatever you want is probably why you're misreading posts.

SURE DO!

Skyfish wasn't trying to fight with Lemon just pointing out DIY is not for everyone as in your example. It is the same for me. But telling someone not to reply to a post is...Well you know.

Boys, don't fight... you're BOTH pretty.

There is a rear differential IF you have the AWD version... if you have the FWD version, then no.

My dealer used 3 qts of ATFWS WORLD STANDARD AUTOM at a $7.78 a bottle and charged me $74 in labor for a total of $104

Considering the time it would take me to track down the right oil, research the quantity, set up the work area, do the task, clean up (including a shower), and dispose of the used oil... I would be hard pressed to get all that done in less than the 1.6 hrs needed for me to just break even economically, let alone save any money at it.

This kind of math works out for the air filters because those are very easy and quick.... but for oil and getting under the car... That is the kind of thing you do for the love of it. Like a hobby. I don't love it, never did, so I pay someone else to do it. That works for me, YMMV.

The reason why I change my own oil is that by the time I drive to the auto repair shop or dealership, wait a couple of hours for them to do the work and then drive home, I would've been able to change the oil/filter with 2 hours to spare. I pick up the oil while I'm at Walmart for other purchases, so it's not like I spend more time just to buy the oil. The same holds true for the filter; I pick up a few K&N oil filters when I'm at O-Reiley's.

Granted, if the work required is more complicated or the correct tools would be expensive for something that is rarely needed, then I generally let the pros do it.