9.5" Wide Wheels On A Is350?

Just wondering if anyone is running 9.5" wide wheels on their IS350. I want to buy some new summer wheels and want to make sure they fit right. I don't want them to stick way out either. I'd like them to stay tucked under the fenders, but don't want them rubbing either. I'm on discounttire.com and it tells me these will fit, but I'd still like some advice from anyone that may have it.

This is what I'm looking at.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&vid=009411

They come in chrome too, but I'm not a big fan of that. What do you all think.

I looked at the TSW's you have. You'll need to find out what the offset is. What size are you going to run for the fronts? Your not going to 9.5 all around are you? Those are just for the rears?

If I can fit them I was thinking I would run 9.5" all the way around. If not, they make an 8" I can run in the front. Both width wheels say they are made for a 225/40R18 and 255/40R18 tires that I have. I don't have a clue what the width of the stock wheels are. I think 8.5" and if that's the case, I didn't really want to go less than that. The 9.5" TSW's have a 40mm offset.

All advice is welcome and appriciated.

Thanks for your help!

If I can fit them I was thinking I would run 9.5" all the way around. If not, they make an 8" I can run in the front. Both width wheels say they are made for a 225/40R18 and 255/40R18 tires that I have. I don't have a clue what the width of the stock wheels are. I think 8.5" and if that's the case, I didn't really want to go less than that. The 9.5" TSW's have a 40mm offset.

All advice is welcome and appriciated.

Thanks for your help!

You have, or should have 8's on the front now, and 8.5's in the rear. That's how it comes stock. So I would go with the 8's for the front and 9.5's for the rear to keep the staggered step up. Or go to 8.5's all around if you want to be able to rotate the tires. I don't think 9.5's all around is a good idea. To much rubber to lug around for no reason. And if you think the steering feels heavy now, wait until you put those 9.5's on the front! Plus I you'll have to deal with tramlining. 40 mm offsets will fit, and you won't have any rubbing issues. You can go to 34mm with out really having any troubles, unless you lower the suspension also.

Thanks for all your help. I will be ordering the 8" for the front and the 9.5" for the rear. There is no rotating the tires anyways. These are getting high performance summer tires with differnt sizes and are directional!

Know of a good place to order some new tpms sensors for a decent price?

Thanks for all your help. I will be ordering the 8" for the front and the 9.5" for the rear. There is no rotating the tires anyways. These are getting high performance summer tires with differnt sizes and are directional!

Ebay. You'll still have to go to the dealer to have them registered to the ECU though.

Ebay. You'll still have to go to the dealer to have them registered to the ECU though.

I just replaced my stock wheels with TSX wheels a couple of weeks ago and I've uploaded a couple of pics that I hope you can see. The wheels are 9.5" in the rear and 8" in the front. Tire size are 235/35ZR19 on the front and 255/35ZR19 on the rear. I don't have any problems however anything wider then 8" on the front will probably cause some rubbing within the wheel well. Good luck on your new setup and I'm sure you'll love the change is appearance as I do.

post-32196-1269299119_thumb.jpg

post-32196-1269299175_thumb.jpg

I ordered them today. 8" for the front and 9.5" for the rear. Picked up a set of 4 TPMS off of ebay for $100. Not sure what the dealership is gonna charge to mount them and set them up as my second set. I know they only charged me like $110 to mount and balance my winter set and fill with nitrogen. They didn't have to program the sensors though. I'm sure that extra 7 minutes will be another $$$ or so.

I ordered them today. 8" for the front and 9.5" for the rear. Picked up a set of 4 TPMS off of ebay for $100. Not sure what the dealership is gonna charge to mount them and set them up as my second set. I know they only charged me like $110 to mount and balance my winter set and fill with nitrogen. They didn't have to program the sensors though. I'm sure that extra 7 minutes will be another $$$ or so.

The dealer charged me $105 ($25 per tire pluse tax) to register my new setup as a second set. I actually bought the new TPMS's first (from the dealer for $106 each...ouch!!!)and had them installed by the wheel shop that I purchased the wheels and tires from. If you do that, just make sure to annotate the ID# on each sensor and the location of the wheel/tire they are installed (i.e., right front, left rear, etc...) I had no issues with the registration. Good luck with your install and send us pics when you can.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh yea I didnt know about the sensors when I changed my wheels until they light went on and now I have to take the old one out of my old rims and have them installed in the new ones ..thats gonna be a pain in the butt unless someone knows how to just shut that warning light off...any suggestions?

Oh yea I didnt know about the sensors when I changed my wheels until they light went on and now I have to take the old one out of my old rims and have them installed in the new ones ..thats gonna be a pain in the butt unless someone knows how to just shut that warning light off...any suggestions?

If you don't want to go thru all that hassle, then your going to have to get a $30.00 trailor tire from Walmart. (It's a tiny tubeless tire.) Deflate it, and toss in all 4 sensors, then reinflate the tire to 38-40 psi and keep that in your trunk until the next time you replace the tires. They are going to charge you a couple hundred bucks to install those sensors now. You can't turn the TPMS off.