Cracked Rear Exhaust Manifold

I have 1 1993 Es 300 with 135k miles. The manifold has had a crack in it for about 18 mos--10k miles. I was told that I could drive with it in this condition and just live with the rattling noise and the slight leakage. The $1000-1200 cost was just too much for this valued vehicle. Besides, I know that getting at the manifold could lead to bigger problems. If I wait will the car begin having other issues that are related to the cracked manifold. Any advise out there?

is it the front or rear manifold? I would call around to the local wrecking yards, or check ebay. You should be able to find a good used manifold for much less. It is not a good idea to continue to drive with a exhaust leak. CO is poisonous, and a leak can throw off the O2 sensors. I would recommend shopping around. The qoute sounds a little high, was that a dealership, or independant shop?

is it the front or rear manifold? I would call around to the local wrecking yards, or check ebay. You should be able to find a good used manifold for much less. It is not a good idea to continue to drive with a exhaust leak. CO is poisonous, and a leak can throw off the O2 sensors. I would recommend shopping around. The qoute sounds a little high, was that a dealership, or independant shop?

It is the rear side of the manifold. The part is about $200--used--but there is 8-9 hrs of labor to get to it. I have 2 quotes from independent shops.