Tie Rod Change

prix

Had changed on one side only (front). Do I need an alignment? If so, can this be put off for any length of time? Thanks.

Yes it can be put off, because it is your car. improper alignment causes excessive tire wear, when a tire wears improperly, it must be replaced, not just "lined up", alignment will NOT correct the problem.

SO yes, it can be put off as long as you want to, just be prepared to replace the worn tire/tires later.

Its your money... the old saying .. you can pay me now or pay me later .. and the $$$ only goes up.

cheers.

Had changed on one side only (front). Do I need an alignment? If so, can this be put off for any length of time? Thanks.

Yes it can be put off, because it is your car. improper alignment causes excessive tire wear, when a tire wears improperly, it must be replaced, not just "lined up", alignment will NOT correct the problem.

SO yes, it can be put off as long as you want to, just be prepared to replace the worn tire/tires later.

Its your money... the old saying .. you can pay me now or pay me later .. and the $$$ only goes up.

cheers.

Mostly needed to know if it is dangerous in any way not to align after the tie rod change. I will get to it as soon as I can. I probably need to do some more suspension work (still getting quotes on what that will cost to see if I can handle it now) and wanted to wait to do the alignment after all suspension work is done. Thanks.

Over the years I've eyeballed it initially and then got an alignment done, and have always found that even with the best of measurements you're always going to be off. I wouldn't drive it too long for fear of wearing the tires and other components.