Dealers

tim john

Don't panic and don't lose your financial shirt making rash decisions to dump your vehicle. Stay calm and wait for the cascades of updates that Toyota is now forced into offering. We'll soon start to see these updates almost daily. In the meantime, if your vehicle suffers an accelerator problem, simply shift into neutral and stand on the brakes. The engine will continue to rev, it may even blow, but you won't be going anywhere. If drivers know what to do and keep their heads when it happens, the vast majority will be fine. The biggest problem will be if this happens to you while you're in heavy freeway traffic at 80 mph and you're boxed in by other vehicles....

so what happens to Lexus and Toyota dealers if that can't sell these cars? How do stay open? Service only? Can Lexus sell the ES or IS? My 04 ES is a great car, paid off, 69000 miles. Keep it, sell it, don't know.

Tim

The stop sale is suppose to be short term. Those poor guys at the Toyota factories are force to take a un-paid vacation. The dealer's sales department can still sell the Toyotas that is not on the list, but I would imagine they will try to reduce staff for a few weeks. I would not over react and sell your ES, it would not be worth too much right now anyways with all this going on. Just know what to do if sudden accelaration happens to you, anyone driving any brand of car should know this anyways.

RX is right, don't jump to any rash decisions. They will work this out, in fact I'm tempted to go buy one right now I bet you can get a killer deal...just realized how that sounds LOL. Pun not-intended.

I am not afraid to drive my 03 ES300 at all. Even if there is a serious problem the % are so small...

Panic is over. I'll keep it, great car. Even looked at a 02 Camry at a local GM dealer, only 10000 miles, v6, fairly loaded for 11800. Had a carfax, but still wonder about care of the vehicle, oil changes, etc. ES much more solid car then the Camry. I have a local shop, Toyota dealer, and my Lexus dealer all treat me good and good service. They'll fix this mess.

Tim

I'll keep mine too....my 05 just clocked over the 60k mile mark...and has been bulletproof for me the last 2 years. I use SW as a benchmark of when to expect problems or more expensive parts replacements / service :P I think Steve has over 140k miles on his 03 & all things considered your still happy right Steve?

Next purchase I would like to give the LS some serious consideration...2 main problems for me though...it's RWD (but I know a good set of Winter tires will solve that problem) & I honestly don't need a V8 engine....perhaps that will change in the future.

:cheers:

Next purchase I would like to give the LS some serious consideration...2 main problems for me though...it's RWD (but I know a good set of Winter tires will solve that problem) & I honestly don't need a V8 engine....perhaps that will change in the future.

You do realized that the LS offer an AWD powertrain since 2009 right?

Realizied that about 30 seconds after I posted this lol! :lol:

The AWD model lists for $88,000 brand new on the Lexus Canada Website! Are you $hi%ting me?! :blink: :(

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/ho...V&year=2010

Think I'll just import one when the time comes...screw that!

Realizied that about 30 seconds after I posted this lol! :lol:

The AWD model lists for $88,000 brand new on the Lexus Canada Website! Are you $hi%ting me?! :blink: :(

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience/en/ho...V&year=2010

Think I'll just import one when the time comes...screw that!

I been keeping my eyes on a used LS AWD as well. My budget is around $50000, I figure in another year or so, the 09 LS AWD should be around that price in the US.

I been keeping my eyes on a used LS AWD as well. My budget is around $50000, I figure in another year or so, the 09 LS AWD should be around that price in the US.

I hear ya! Maybe in the meantime...I'll just get a poster of one & put it on my wall at work lol. :lol: