1999 Ls400

fla99LS400

Interested in success stories for engine improvements for the LS400.. love the performance; soon to be off warranty and just wanted to see what people had done to improve this magnificent engine! :unsure: Edited by Matthew_McNally

Well, there's isn't much you can do to this car. Since your engine bay is a little bigger than the design before, you might consider checking out whether a Supercharger or Turbo's can be added to it. Otherwise, some cosmetic and suspension upgrades might be the only thing you can do to this car. Sorry :( Oh yeah, I forgot, this might be a good time to change those ugly Wheels if you haven't done it already.

I actually happen to love the wheels on the 98-00 LS ;)

You can do exhaust system swaps, intake changes, etc. There's a member on another board that has done a lot to his 99 LS, he's gotten it down in the 5s for 0-60.

I like the ones off the current LS430's. Then again, I'm planning to get 18" Carlson's, once my brakes are done. I believe there is a supercharged 2000 LS400 out there in Australia doing mid 13s

I'm a fan of machined finish wheels over painted, I think they provide a little bit of sparkle but not overly so like chrome. The 2000 platinum LS wheels are the same as the 2002 and 2003 LS430 16 inch wheels, just machined instead of painted.

I wanted to have them put on the ES, but they won't fit.

It's probably shared with another-aftermarket manufacturer, since Toyota doesn't make the wheels. You could probably find something similar out there. You could try out tire rack or some magazines like Low-rider and Euro-rider. you might be able to spot them.

hey steve, you sure the LS wheels wouldn't fit? i know they've got to be the same bolt config, since all Lexus' have the same 5x114.5 lug config.

but what was wrong with the LS wheels to the point they wouldn't work on the ES? :)

personally, I won't put spacer on my LS. Afterall it's a luxury car not a Sports car. From what I know, Spacers tend to move the Wheels outward. It could be good for your car, but lookwise-bad.

SW03ES, I quite sure Toyota doesn't make their own brand of Wheels. Where would they make them? It won't be in the Japanese Facility. Last time I checked there wasn't any space there.

well there's a diff, UCF, the ES is a fwd car, and the LS is a rwd car. the offsets between the wheels on the two cars is different. in order for the front/rear (?) wheels of the LS to fit on the ES, you'd have to space it out, so that it will be aligned with the fender. if not, then it will look recessed into the fenderwell, and look worse than with the spacers.

i'm not quite sure how the spacers affect tire wear. i'd think it doesn't really make that big of a difference.

I don't know about the Canadian Facility or the ones in Europe. I don't remember seeing it in the Kentucky Plant, but it has been a while. :)

By the way, where in Maryland are you?