99 Rx300 Knock Sensor Replacement

grumpyman

hi everyone. this is my first post. i am changing out knock sensors on a 99 rx300. read a good how to post and have begun work. in trying to remove the two hex bolts that secure the air intake, real hassle as they are very tight, i have broken another part and must replace it. problem is i don't know what it is. this part is attached to the intake manifold and has a number of tube connections to it and appears to be fed by a tube coming from an inline fuel filter. i guess it feeds fuel into the intake manifold. can anyone possibly give me a part name or genuine toyota part number? any help will be greatly appreciated. also i am unclear where to disconnect the intake manifold from the air cleaner. looking from the front of the car should i disconnect where the last black rubber meets the first metal? thanks again to all, i am no expert, but handy with cars and willing to tackle the job for the huge potential savings

Register on http://www.toyodiy.com/ to get access to diagrams and part numbers for your 99 RX.

There are too many vacuum tubes for me to understand what you need.

thanks for your reply, i have found the part number. now back to the trenches--now that the intake chamber is loose, i can't get it out--no space to move, front or back

you will probably have to dissasimble the intake...I did this on mine when I had a intake coolant leak and had to get to the exact area where the knock sensors are. Suggest replacing the coolant hose under the intake also....

post-108949-1263988077_thumb.jpgpost-108949-1263988110_thumb.jpg

you will probably have to dissasimble the intake...I did this on mine when I had a intake coolant leak and had to get to the exact area where the knock sensors are. Suggest replacing the coolant hose under the intake also....

thanks for your reply. i did have to do that and found another bolt (hidden). i now have the knock sensors exposed, but my 27mm is a deepwell which i must exchange for a shorter version. in trying to replace sensor wiring harness i can't seem to get the old harness connector to unplug from it's power source. is there a release or something? can't pull them apart.

i am also attaching two photos of a cable that has come apart. it seemed to stretch the entire length of the engine compartment--can't remember where it ends. photo is of the source and the apparant disconnected end. happen to know where it goes?post-108949-1263988077_thumb.jpg