Bulbs Shared

UCF3

i'm pretty sure all the stock HID Lexus' use a D2R or D2S bulb, instead of the halogen sizes. if you want HID's, you're gonna have to go find an aftermarket kit, or a diff headlight housing to fit the different bulbs.

I thinkI going to need to check that out. A friend of mine modified a MB S-Class H4 HID System to fit on his prelude. I'm thinking the D2s and D2R are model types and not bulb types. As far as I know, the bulb manufacturers only have H4, 9006, 9005... and the manufacturers just made the ballasts and harnesses to suit their wants and desires. I think I'll have to check it out with the dealer to see what needs to be modified. If not, I'll have to get an aftermarket.

Do you know of anyone who's tried out clearcorners.com's lightings?

By the way, who is this girl that's on your posts?

lol... the girl in the sig pic of Hyori and my avatar is BoA... both korean singers.

umm... i'm pretty sure that D2S and D2R are bulb sizes... that determine the way the bulb housing is shaped so it will connect with your headlight housing.

the 9006, 9005, H4, H3, etc. are all halogen bulb sizes. D2R and D2S were designed specifically for HID's if i remember correctly.

correct me if i'm wrong, guys. (you especially, AWJ) :)

"lol... the girl in the sig pic of Hyori and my avatar is BoA... both korean singers."

Cute :)

Yeah, you're right. It looks like it's a different series bulb.

post-3-1046894830.jpg

do you notice the small part where it attaches to the housing on the bottom of the bulb? that's different. the 9006/9005 bulbs use parts that stick out and hook to the inside of the housing.

it's different. i would just go find an aftermarket 5100k kit. don't go too high, like 7000. 4300 is lexus stock hid temp. but anywhere around 5000 is still good.

Well I see it as if it doesn't workout, I'll have to get the Aftermarket ones. SPW has made a HID Universal Kit for the 9006. I was hoping to save a few bucks, but I guess I can spend $400. By the way, have you ever used Clearcorners.com or know anybody who has? They've renovated the Headlight assembly for the SCs. Any recommendations? :)