92 Es300 Idle Problems

Carlyle1

Hey guys, I have a 92 ES300 (Which I effin love) On some occasions, I start it, and it dies.. If I give it gas as I start its fine... other times I can start it and sounds like im in a tunnel and it Roars... Is this normal for an older car, or does anyone have sugesstions on what this could be? This is my first Lexus and im new to the site.. :cheers:

Hey guys, I have a 92 ES300 (Which I effin love) On some occasions, I start it, and it dies.. If I give it gas as I start its fine... other times I can start it and sounds like im in a tunnel and it Roars... Is this normal for an older car, or does anyone have sugesstions on what this could be? This is my first Lexus and im new to the site.. :cheers:

Start with cleaning the throttle body, and the IAC valve. Also clean the Mass Air flow meter. Check the condition of all your hoses. With time, the rubber hoses harden and split (normally near the ends). Do not forget the PCV valve.