Used Values

JerryBaumchen

Hi Folks,

I am seriously in the market for a used SC430. Given that what would some of you think would be a fair price ( yea, I know 'fair' is an unknown ) for a '02 SC430 with 23K miles and in near-perfect condition? A very long-time friend of mine ( a car-nut like me ) has looked it over and says that it is in unusually good condition with only one rock chip way down low in the front valance.

I'm just looking for your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jerry Baumchen

I don't know what a "fair" price would be, but, based on what I see on eBay and discounting the ludicrous valuations on websites like Kelly Bluebook, if I was in the market for a low mileage 2002 SC like you described, I'm guessing I would end up paying between $14K and $19K.

It really is about the local market, how many people are interested in it, and how much you like a particular car ... i.e. do you like the color, options, etc.

cars.com is a good site to compare whats a fair price in your area. I recently picked up an 04, very good cond., with 50k miles, paid 25k, it was close to other ones with same milage. My wife loves it, it's alot of car for 25k, no regrets.

• 3 months later...
cars.com is a good site to compare whats a fair price in your area. I recently picked up an 04, very good cond., with 50k miles, paid 25k, it was close to other ones with same milage. My wife loves it, it's alot of car for 25k, no regrets.

I just got mine last month a 2002 sc430. I paid $21,000 from a dealer. BUT it was the exact color I wanted, 70,000 miles and not a mark on it inside or out. Not even a ding in the hood or doors. It was about $1,500 more than I wanted to pay, but between the color and condition, I'm still a happy camper.

• 1 month later...

I just bought 2004 430SC from a friend who has owned it from new his wifes car and she drove a Land Cruser most of the time, 13,000 miles, one ding, curb scrape on one wheel. $ 23,000. In my opinion conditon is everything and worth paying for. If you know the car it's even more valuable. No doubt could have found one cheaper and this 430 could have some problem in the future, but the odds are in my favor.

Boats