Runflat Tire Issues (`08 Gs460)

And how about telling us WHY you had to replace them?

I live closer to Manhattan so the main reason is potholes. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues as much as I have. I don't drive the car every day, so I'm a bit surprised at how often I'm having problems.

• 4 months later...
And how about telling us WHY you had to replace them?

I live closer to Manhattan so the main reason is potholes. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had issues as much as I have. I don't drive the car every day, so I'm a bit surprised at how often I'm having problems.

Just get rid of the runcraps. When I bought my GS 460 I made the dealer take the styrofoam out of the well in the trunk and put in a spare. I've already replaced two of the runcraps. I had runcraps on my SC 430 too. Got rid of them and put in the spare kit. In the GS 460 there is already a space for the spare under the trunk liner floor.

Run flats have a lot of issues, but sidewall bubbles is not one of them. Run flats also have a stiffer sidewall, so it should stand up to pot holes better wear and tear wise. Sounds like there is something else going one here besides pot holes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2008 GS460 and have had to replace tires 5 times since owning the vehicle (8 months). Has anyone else had an issue with runflats?

5 times!! damn. I commute to NYC for work. I've had the bubble issue once..but that's bc I was driving on a cobblestone street and loaded mad heads into the backseat.

I have a 2008 GS460 and have had to replace tires 5 times since owning the vehicle (8 months). Has anyone else had an issue with runflats?

5 times!! damn. I commute to NYC for work. I've had the bubble issue once..but that's bc I was driving on a cobblestone street and loaded mad heads into the backseat.

I have a 2008 GS350 AWD, I had 50,000 miles. My runflats became noisy 2 months, As of today the left rear Driver side tire inside blewout and the inside seams looked as if they were coming apart. The TPMS indicator came on and i was able to drive it a little way.

As i am writing this, i had am having the dealer replace them with NON-Runflats / Michelin MXV4 225 50 V 17's. $220/per tire plus addition cost for aligniment and balancing, im sure labor is going to be high at dealer, they quoted around $1000.00 out the door and gave me a loaner while they ordered tires.

I hope they perform well, if not happy ill have them replace again and or prorate if applicable. by the way i purchased the tire hazard progrm lexus dealer pitched, and i must say not worth the paper its written on, they did nothing as promised. never will do that again anywhere.

I have a 2008 GS350 AWD, I had 50,000 miles. My runflats became noisy 2 months, As of today the left rear Driver side tire inside blewout and the inside seams looked as if they were coming apart. The TPMS indicator came on and i was able to drive it a little way.

As i am writing this, i had am having the dealer replace them with NON-Runflats / Michelin MXV4 225 50 V 17's. $220/per tire plus addition cost for aligniment and balancing, im sure labor is going to be high at dealer, they quoted around $1000.00 out the door and gave me a loaner while they ordered tires.

I hope they perform well, if not happy ill have them replace again and or prorate if applicable. by the way i purchased the tire hazard progrm lexus dealer pitched, and i must say not worth the paper its written on, they did nothing as promised. never will do that again anywhere.

You got 50000 miles out of a set of runflats? That is amzaing if that is the case.

The runflats falling apart on the inside is a common problem when it age on the GS, every GS owner should inspect the inside of the OEM run flat as they age. I would have replace the runflat with the Michelin Primicy instead of the MXV4, its a much better tire.

You got 50000 miles out of a set of runflats? That is amzaing if that is the case.

The runflats falling apart on the inside is a common problem when it age on the GS, every GS owner should inspect the inside of the OEM run flat as they age. I would have replace the runflat with the Michelin Primicy instead of the MXV4, its a much better tire.

I got 40K miles out of RFT from my 07GS350AWD. The tires still had 5/32 tread left when I replaced them couple months ago with the same RFT. All four tires wore evenly inside & outside. Dealer said I did well on the tires.

Agree Primacy performes on wet & snow better than MXV4. Have them on my Accord. Love them. Primacy has a zero pressure feature. I found out the hardway. One time, on the way to work. Just out of the drive way I heard a flapping noise from the rear. Didn't think it was something serious so continued driving and would check the noise out when I got to work. Got on the highway & drove 65-80 mph on a 16 mile trip. Got to work, walked around the rear & noticed the rear passenger side tire was

completely flat. The sidewall was burnt. The tire was still attached to the rim. I just had the car serviced the day before. So I knew it could be the valve was not closed after the tech checked the tire pressure which caused the air leakage for a full day.

Oh man. I was lucky that the tire didn't come off the rim. That would be a big mess on the highway. Tire hazard insurance paid 1/3 for a new tire.

I got 40K miles out of RFT from my 07GS350AWD. The tires still had 5/32 tread left when I replaced them couple months ago with the same RFT. All four tires wore evenly inside & outside. Dealer said I did well on the tires.

Agree Primacy performes on wet & snow better than MXV4. Have them on my Accord. Love them. Primacy has a zero pressure feature. I found out the hardway. One time, on the way to work. Just out of the drive way I heard a flapping noise from the rear. Didn't think it was something serious so continued driving and would check the noise out when I got to work. Got on the highway & drove 65-80 mph on a 16 mile trip. Got to work, walked around the rear & noticed the rear passenger side tire was

completely flat. The sidewall was burnt. The tire was still attached to the rim. I just had the car serviced the day before. So I knew it could be the valve was not closed after the tech checked the tire pressure which caused the air leakage for a full day.

Oh man. I was lucky that the tire didn't come off the rim. That would be a big mess on the highway. Tire hazard insurance paid 1/3 for a new tire.

Anytime you can get 40000 miles out of those runflats, you are doing good. Some owners replace them as soon as 20000 miles. The side wall on the Primacy is pretty stiff, almost as stiff as the Good Year Eagle one all season.

Anytime you can get 40000 miles out of those runflats, you are doing good. Some owners replace them as soon as 20000 miles. The side wall on the Primacy is pretty stiff, almost as stiff as the Good Year Eagle one all season.

I should have mentioned that the 50K on the runflat had to do with rotation at dealership every oil change or around 5000 miles.

so yeah guess i did things right from the rotation perspective.

• 1 month later...

I only had my 06 gs300 for six months I have changed those runflats 5 times also... I don't know wat the problem is with these tires.. I don't know why I keep catching flats... And it don't be no regular flat,when the bubble on the tire bust it leaves a big hole in the tire... I live in NYC too and the pot holes are crazy but there's no reason why I keep getting bubbles in my tires and replacing them every month!!! Can anybody suggest a good tire for me to replace it with?

I have a 2008 GS350 AWD and took the runflats off at 13,000 miles. Put on Michelin Sport A/S !! The best thing I ever did as the ride is , literally , night and day. I bought the car new and haven't put a lot of miles on the car in two years but the runflats were a little to stiff for me in Baltimore city.