Just Shy Of 1,000

AWJ

A fella named Ebanks and his SC300

right click - save as or deal with long buffering not 56k friendly

For those claiming it is cheaper to go GTE and the GTE is better ...... I won't mention any names ........ Zeta.......... Just playin Z

I just saw the thread over in the IS forum and need to make it clear.:huh:

Here is a 2JZ-GE that will spank most GTE's and he spent a lot of money on it. This is all in fun...

Utlimately it is the users choice to go NA-T or GTE swap, but the costs are relative. You could have a killer NA-T for the price of a GTE swap and it will be equally, if not more so, impressive.

some details

errmm... hey AWJ, that's the second time you've read my post wrong... i said it was cheaper to go with turbo'ing a GE than it was to do a full GTE swap with aftermarket turbo's for higher hp.

go check it again. you may be reading too fast...

Just playin Z...

I do read too fast sometimes. I'll drop it now. :unsure:

Call it nervous habit, insanity, .....whatever.

*shrugs* Maybe a bit too much - slow weekend.

Pretty crazy eh Matt - more like music.

Ok, I'm going to need some clarification before I swap out the stock GTE engine with the MKIV, as soon as I find one.

What are the different engine options available for the SC300?

I've found:

GTE2( I believe it's a second generation GTE, if it really exists), 3T-GTEU ( I'm not very familiar with this one), 1JZ-GTE(Japan) and 1UZ-FE, 2JZ-GE(?) (US Markets) 2JZ-GTE (US SC's and Supras), 1G-GTEU & 1G-GEU (Japanese Market)

Now should I be not be looking at the 2JZ-GE and Add the Turbos to this engine, or something else? Oh, I definitely want a 6speed. Sounds better.

What are you putting this in? If you are going to swap a motor, get the USDM 2JZ-GTE 1997 or older IMO. 98 is vvt-i and more tricky. Anything over 95 is obd II - that means tricky too. If you have a 2JZ-GE you can turbo it and go crazy in the process and beat up on almost anything if done right. Basically the same thing. I have no idea what those other codes are. The USDM long and short 2JZ's are the best options.

95 Sc300. I'm definitely interested in the getting a 2JZGTE as long as I can find the 6speed. My stock engine is 2Jz-Ge, but I'm not convinced in what kind of Turbo would best give me the highest output Numbers. I'm a little bit more confident in getting my money's worth from the GTE.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/997...engineXref.html

The GTE2 is a second Gen Japanese Supra engine. I know the Denso Supra in the GT500 Series has it, but it could have been built by either Denso or Toyota.

Nice engine link there.

What are your goals with this car. A t3/t4 hybrid on that motor can be tuned to 400hp. On the street that is insane. The 5 speed is actually faster off the line - but loses on top end. Start with your goals, be realistic and go from there. Unless you got a lot of money and downtime/skill is not an issue - take baby steps and you will see your goals materialize a whole lot more easily.

Where do you want to start - horsepower goals?