Any Way To Repair A Leaking Power Steering Pressure Hose?

averona

'95 LS400

I took it in today to be sure that is the issue. I was quoted $495 by my local mechanic. (parts and labor)

How hard is it to install? www.partsgeek.com sells it for $171.75.

Any way to clamp the existing one and fix the leak?

'95 LS400

I took it in today to be sure that is the issue. I was quoted $495 by my local mechanic. (parts and labor)

I just replaced mine on my 97LS, part was under $100. and it took hour and a half...

So, should I try to do it myself? How advanced/risky is this job for a rookie?

'95 LS400

I just replaced mine on my 97LS, part was under $100. and it took hour and a half...

I had it done by someone else. I dont think it would be easy or effective to repair a high pressure hose. I have decent mechanical ability, but I decided not to mess with it as it is messy and not something I want to take a chance on. BTW I bought an OEM hose for something like $250, but you should be fine with an aftermarket one.

Can you tell me how to check? Please?
When I thought my HP line was leaking, turned out it was the return line.... $1.85 is alot nicer hose to replace than that $400. one. ;)

I just had to wash everything down around that part of the engine to see where it was leaking. It turned out to be the return line. It was a short small hose that comes out of the back of the PS reservoir.... not sure if the 1995 it set up the same way or not though... mine is a 1991.

I have photos here. Do a search on return line.... or a search on my threads.

'95 LS400

My hose was not leaking at the pump, but below the PS pump at the first flexible hose union. easy to see the problem... and the aftermarket PS pressure hose I used (from abcmarts off ebay) was an exact duplicate of the original. for under $100 including shipping. PROBABLY made by the same company that sells Lexus their replacement hoses.... think it over.

Several of us have had this "aftermarket vs OEM replacement parts" discussion before.....